CLAPS Holiday Lights Nighttime Paddle Event & CITO

161 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

How far does the light regatta travel? Trying to figure out how long an extension cord I'll need...

post-608-0-27204700-1383150784_thumb.jpg

post-608-0-61058200-1383150816_thumb.jpg

post-608-0-12753700-1383150849_thumb.jpg

Edited by bbqbob2

Posted · Report post

How far does the light regatta travel? Trying to figure out how long an extension cord I'll need...

Brookstone has even advertising like crazy about their cordless Christmas wreathes, garland, etc.

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

My cruise went to Jamaica, Caymans, and Cozumel, so I know they make really long extension cords.  I'm sure you can find a smaller one.  ;)

Brookstone has even advertising like crazy about their cordless Christmas wreathes, garland, etc.

I'm thinking more like Dollar Store regatta here.... :2funny:

OK - maybe a little nicer.  But not that nice.

JuleeD likes this

Posted · Report post

That's what I wanna hear! Those honda inverter generators are pretty darn quiet and good for 2KW

Dhaulaghiri likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry that I'm going to miss this.  This has been on my calendar since TG told me about it in May.  My wife's office Christmas party is the same night though.

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry that I'm going to miss this.  This has been on my calendar since TG told me about it in May.  My wife's office Christmas party is the same night though.

Mike, you want me to sabotage the building or something so that you can make it? :NTN:

Posted · Report post

That's what I wanna hear! Those honda inverter generators are pretty darn quiet and good for 2KW

I want  a man portable nuclear generator..what I"ll end up with is enough batteries in power up a nuke sub:)

Posted · Report post

Just got a "few" Leds in this afternoon....360 to be exact. The 50 feet of EL wire should be here in a week :)

Posted · Report post

If we're aren't careful, Kevin's night yak event may become a newsworthy item covered by the media... 

Anybody in Witness Protection? ;)

"DOH!" --Homer Simpson

"Never mind." --Rosanne Rosannadanna 

Posted · Report post

I know, how about a a big screen monitor to show Karaoke Holiday music lyrics (so everyone can sing past the 1st verse...okay, so the guys can sing past the 1st verse)

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

How about a stealth kayak kit with a hemi?  That's what I'm talkin' about.

Posted · Report post

Humm...  Umm....  does anyone know how gators react to bright flashing lights at night?

Mustard Devil... we should talk ;-)

Posted · Report post

It's EL wire on the paddleboards.  But not sure what they have under the yak.  Certainly more than glow sticks.

Posted · Report post

Actually they're submersible fishing lights. Use em often fishin in the bay during dog days of summer

Posted · Report post

Fish come to the light ( against the saying of "dont go into the light") and gators come for the fish. Gotta love it. :)

Posted · Report post

It's EL wire on the paddleboards.  But not sure what they have under the yak.  Certainly more than glow sticks.

I have lots of EL wire n leds n batteries etc....

My yak is gonna look like a starship:)

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Fish come to the light ( against the saying of "dont go into the light") and gators come for the fish. Gotta love it. :)
Exactly. Light attracts bugs and small stuff (shrimp and small baitfish) which attracts bigger stuff, which attracts what we are fishin for. Smacks, Specs, Reds Some guys also use em to drift and gig for flounder right about now in the flats and backwater cuts. I honestly have no idea about gators and the light. I suspect they don't like it much. Pure conjecture that I wouldn't bet on.

Posted · Report post

Exactly. Light attracts bugs and small stuff (shrimp and small baitfish) which attracts bigger stuff, which attracts what we are fishin for.

Smacks, Specs, Reds

Some guys also use em to drift and gig for flounder right about now in the flats and backwater cuts.

I honestly have no idea about gators and the light. I suspect they don't like it much. Pure conjecture that I wouldn't bet on.

Yep have fished under and with lights for years. The gator bit was more for stirring the pot. I have no idea how gators react to light at night.

Posted · Report post

this is the one I used to sail on here in clear lake:

DSC_0a34_JPG.jpg