Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Texas Writer's FTF Comma Club Countdown begins

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Only 42 more! 958 as of 11-11-2013 6:44 am (Good grief, I just checked and I have 35 ! )

I am willing to bet he gets those 42 faster than you got your 35.

Eagle

At the rate they're publishing (sloooowly) I wouldn't make that bet. I need some series to publish...about 11:00 at night.... :NTN:

Posted · Report post

Big time fizzle out here in Baytown last night.  I raised the difficulty factor to a 4. 

Posted · Report post

Big time fizzle out here in Baytown last night.  I raised the difficulty factor to a 4. 

Yeah, that kind of thing can happen when someone under-rates their hide by 1.5 points :)

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry TW.  It looked like an easy find for a VETERAN cacher when I placed it.  :angel:   :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Yeah, well we all miss one or more now and again. It wasn't what I would consider "optimum" conditions for me...

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry TW.  It looked like an easy find for a VETERAN cacher when I placed it.  :angel:   :2funny:

Oh, and what happened to that owner maintenance update about those coords being dead on....followed closely by a coordinates update of 20 feet? :uglystupid2:

Posted (edited) · Report post

I made a boo boo, or you would have had it for sheezey.  My bad.  :blackeye:

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

I made a boo boo, or you would have had it for sheezey.  My bad.  :blackeye:

No, I still would've missed it....trust me. It wasn't my night in Baytown last night....I could feel it when I got there....and I could smell it!  :) I just wanted to share the shame of it all. Lol

Posted · Report post

Oh, and what happened to that owner maintenance update about those coords being dead on....followed closely by a coordinates update of 20 feet? :uglystupid2:

20 feet is still within generally acceptable GZ though.  :laugh:   ;)

Posted · Report post

20 feet is still within generally acceptable GZ though.  :laugh:   ;)

Sure, I find 1.5 and 2.0 caches all the time that are 20 (and more....often much more) feet off. Heck, I found one that was 560 feet off just a couple weeks ago in Corrigan (it was a 2.0 mini bison tube camo painted in place). But with higher difficulty hides (like a 4.0), the coords accuracy becomes all that more important because of the granularity of the search that is required. I don't know that there is a single figure that is considered acceptable across the board. It's more relative to the hide. Ask KeyResults his opinion. :) On Bert's hide, I was certain that it wasn't in the wheel ruts that paralleled the fence line, but since I didn't find the cache, I don't know. Maybe that's where it was. :)

Posted · Report post

I went back this morning and placed it on the fence post and painted it florescent orange, but left the difficulty rating a 4.  :disappoint:

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

I think this would make a nice new thread. Esp now that technology has shifted more towards accuracy at lower cost. I'd like everyone's opinion. Particularly the old-timers :D TW knows how much I enjoy those true 4 and 5 rated diff caches. Especially when checked often. In the end it's just a game that, to me, has become MUCH more fun when people find my cache than when they don't.

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

It's a longggg way over here but if it helps with the cause, i placed 13 more caches on November 3. It's going on over a week now since i submitted them so i'm figuring they will be published soon.

I want to do one more installment (at least 10 more) before i call it done and hope to get that completed soon. 

Btw, they aren't your usual P&Gs...  :tickedoff:

TexasWriter and KeyResults like this

Posted · Report post

967 as of 11:30am I think a Cajunabear map of a 1000 FTFs would be cool. I liked the one at last nights event showing Bubberdads hides.

Posted · Report post

967 as of 11:30am I think a Cajunabear map of a 1000 FTFs would be cool. I liked the one at last nights event showing Bubberdads hides.

Yes, I told him I'm interested in that as well...

Posted · Report post

990 as of 11:45am Nov 15, 2013

Only 10 more to go! 

You beat me to it, Kenny. I was just about to post it myself!

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

It would have been 9, but someone...  :angel:

If I would've wanted it bad enough, I would've driven over and took it out from under your pillow while you were sleeping. I needed beauty rest for an epic kayaking caching day with Blindzman. :)

Posted · Report post

It would have been 9, but someone...  :angel:

If I would've wanted it bad enough, I would've driven over and took it out from under your pillow while you were sleeping. I needed beauty rest for an epic kayaking caching day with Blindzman. :)

It's amazing what a quality hour or two of sleep will do for ya! ;)

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

995 as of 11:11am 11-16-2013

YOU GO BOY!!!!

Posted · Report post

It sounds like if TW is going that fast that people are making it way too easy for him. He should have the rest by tomorrow.