Geocoinfest 2014 in Houston!

115 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Я буду обращаться переводе русского языка. Никто здесь не знает языка.

I'll handle the transfer of the Russian language . No one here knows the language.

Я немного говорю по России. Как вы думаете, что я был в состоянии получить мои дети?

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

Has the site been poisoned?  Going to http://gcf2014.com/ I immediately get notice that my computer tried to run a known bit of malware from www.edeetion.com/ebayproxy  (DO NOT VISIT!!!)  I also get the same alarm using any of the navigation tabs which would lead me to think that it is part of a WordPress attack and is attached to the menu structure.

(I was trying to register but I was too late it seems.  Sniff.  I miss you guys.)  :-(

Posted · Report post

I'm running Malwarebytes Pro and I do not get an attack of any kind.

Posted · Report post

I try to go there from work but get:

"none" content is forbidden by xxx policy.

Apparently the website content type must be in or nothing.  Guess they didn't put anything in. 

Posted · Report post

I went ahead and verified that the link to the malicious code is coming from the geocoinfest site, and then ran a packet capture to get the exact link and location for the code.  I do see the spawned connection, and due to what parameters it is passing to the php file it is calling, I'm guessing it is to some sort of ebay ad from edeetion.com for items geocoinfest is selling.  

requestType=EBayFlashSeller&duration_value=5000&global_id=EBAY-US&itemType=All&itemSort=EndTimeSoonest&maxEntries=5&categoryId=&sellerID=geocoinfest2014&lang=eng&backStatus=white&sizeStatus=skyscraper

Checking Sophos, I see that edeetion.com has had some malicious trojans in its javascript in the past, but McAfee gives the site a clean bill of health.  So may be fine, but should probably be reported to whomever put the ad on the page.  Hope this helps!  And we'll hopefully see you for an event or two along the way.  (If I could still get registered.  Sniff.)

Posted · Report post

Yes, a large portion of the page is blank, so it is being blocked here also.

Posted · Report post

Yes, a large portion of the page is blank, so it is being blocked here also.

I think the President of TXGA needs to step down for this breach of security :stirpot: . Just kidding. :angel:

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

(If I could still get registered.  Sniff.)

you don't have to register.  just show up.  there are some extra coins and pathtags (from registration) left to purchase. 

Posted · Report post

(If I could still get registered. Sniff.)

you don't have to register. just show up. there are some extra coins and pathtags (from registration) left to purchase.

Put me down for 2. :) we will be there bright and early.

Posted · Report post

The schedule tab on gcf2014.com says there is a CLAPS CITO on Sunday and a land-based CLAPS for non paddlers.  This is not true (and we've being working with the powers that be to get it changed, albeit unsuccessfully so far).  The CLAPS paddle event Sunday is just an event.  If you want to CITO that day, you'll need to go to Beaumont.

Posted · Report post

The CLAPS paddle event Sunday is just an event.  If you want to CITO that day, you'll need to go to Beaumont.

But if you want to CITO on Saturday for icon run, Fred took care of that at Walter Hall Park.

The schedule tab on gcf2014.com says there is a CLAPS CITO on Sunday and a land-based CLAPS for non paddlers.  This is not true (and we've being working with the powers that be to get it changed, albeit unsuccessfully so far). 

I have tried several times to get this changed.  Especially since they told me they specifically wanted it to be an event and not a CITO.  Oh, well.  Kinda disappointed in the webpage (non)updates.  Has been disjointed to say the least.  And I'm getting to field the e-mails to that effect accordingly.  :(

Kirbydox and DangerKitties like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Geocoinfest Schedule of Events

Thursday

GC5D6PJ

Pre GeocoinFest Meet and Greet

6:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Friday

GC5CA9Y

MEGA Friday Night Meet & Greet

Munzee

Space Coast MunzeeFest in Space City

Saturday

GC4M7TB

Geocoinfest 2014: Houston, Texas

10:00 am to 4:00 pm

GC5BJ4Z

Walter Hall Park CITO

4:30 pm to  5:30 pm

GC5CAV1

Meet & Greet – Along with a Poker Tournament

Sunday

GC53QWE

CLAPS Cachin' on the Bayou Post-Mega Paddle Event

Launching at 9:00 am

Thurs-Sunday

Lab Caches!

Main Event Schedule - Saturday

10:00

Doors Open

Main Ballroom

10:00 – 3:00

Kids area opens

Off the Main Ballroom

11:00 – 11:45

Pathtag Trading Session  with Tank Hounds

Seminar Room

12:00 – 12:45

Inside Groundspeak – Bill Anderson/Groundspeak Lackey

Seminar Room

1:00 – 1:45

Coin Design – Christian Mackey

Seminar Room

2:00 – 2:45

Proxies – How to Guide – FrozenBuns with GxProxy

Seminar Room

3:00

Announcements and Prize Drawings

Main Ballroom

4:30 – 5:30

Walter White Park CITO

http://coord.info/GC5BJ4Z

6:30 – 9:00

Hurry Back! Time for the Meet & Greet - along with a Poker Tournament!

TBA

layout_zps1cd5e989.jpg

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

ATMA, Walter Hall Park used to be called Galveston County Park.  I'm sure you spent some time there on Friday nights during High School.  I did!

ATMA likes this

Posted · Report post

Can somebody down that way spread some trash out at the park to make sure we have something for all these catchers to clean up?

Dhaulaghiri likes this

Posted · Report post

I have tried several times to get this changed.  Especially since they told me they specifically wanted it to be an event and not a CITO.  Oh, well.  Kinda disappointed in the webpage (non)updates.  Has been disjointed to say the least.  And I'm getting to field the e-mails to that effect accordingly.  :(

I am not only disappointed at the webpage but also the GC.com page.. I mean there is zero information on it and it doesn't make me excited about the event. It's a friggin MEGA for cryin' out loud!!

cachestacker and Kirbydox like this

Posted · Report post

The CLAPS paddle event Sunday is just an event.  If you want to CITO that day, you'll need to go to Beaumont.

But if you want to CITO on Saturday for icon run, Fred took care of that at Walter Hall Park.

The schedule tab on gcf2014.com says there is a CLAPS CITO on Sunday and a land-based CLAPS for non paddlers.  This is not true (and we've being working with the powers that be to get it changed, albeit unsuccessfully so far). 

This has now been fixed.  The full updated event schedule has been posted to the website, along with a map of vendor locations.  Better late than never!

Posted · Report post

This has now been fixed.  The full updated event schedule has been posted to the website, along with a map of vendor locations.  Better late than never!

Thanks, HC.  Know that's not your role to fill.  Appreicate the efforts.

Posted · Report post

I didn't know that I would be in town this weekend for sure, so didn't register.  I will come Saturday and checked - registration is closed.  Will I have an issue gaining entry?

Posted · Report post

Nope.  Tell them I sent you and they will back away like you have Ebola.  LOL  No registration necessary lady.

Posted · Report post

Thanks BB!    Hopefully I'll be able to grab a tshirt or sweatshirt while there.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

If you didn't register, you won't get a nifty pre-printed nametag or goodie bag, but that's about it.  There should be extra event coins for purchase (first-come, first-served) as well.  I don't know about extra T-shirts.  Suffice to say there may not be a big choice of sizes if there are any extra.

Posted · Report post

So I bought one of the packages (T-shirt, coin, event pathtag, 5 set of pathtags..) Are there any pictures of what any of those items look like??