Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Geocaching BackUp Plan for Tomorrow

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So tomorrow is my day off for working the coming weekend & I had high expectations to get out at 8AM with Pinky's to finish the last limb of the CLAPS series with my friend.

I went to the site...and they open at 10AM tomorrow.

I have to make a 2:30 appt, (that's already been rescheduled once before), so that leaves us taking bikes somewhere.

Is there a favorite that we absolutely need to explore that'd be fun on bikes?

(note my friend is a muggle who only joined me 2 other occasions for EASY caches...no bushwacking!)

Note: I was originally thinking La Porte bike trails...

Thank you SO much for your recommendations in advance  :)

Posted · Report post

Have you done the TP+ series? They're nice & easy AND you can do them riding a bike in an hour or two....

Posted · Report post

i'd suggest the T2P+ caches as well.  I've done half of them walking (with and without my sidekick) and the bike would be faster.

Posted · Report post

I third the motion for the T2P+ series. However, the LaPorte bike trail (the section with 30 or so in it) would work as a backup to the T2P+ series. Your non-bushwhacking muggle friend would probably love you more if you stuck with the T2P+ series. It's totally non-bushwacky up until about #17 or so, but when you turn onto Kirby there are some trees involved from there down to #25. If it's a friend you're trying to get rid of, you can take her/him with you to Baytown Bert's BRAWNDO series... :D

Posted · Report post

GC1356C  and go north when you are done with the T2P+ caches to extend it quite a bit. 

GC2A9QZ This long easy bike series on Fairmont is also good.