Texas Challenge 2014 - What can we improve on?

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm in for the discussion.   For those posting, wait until you are on the private boards for suggestions.  

Posted · Report post

For those posting, wait until you are on the private boards for suggestions

Good point. I just saw the subject question and fired away...

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know my caching abilities are far more novice than a lot of people around here, but I can drive like nobody's business! 

I'm thinking strategic "chinese fire drill" style antics meets "parents drop the kiddos off" responsible determination...and you bet I'm fiercely competitive!

I've also lived in Corpus Christi TX & Nacogdoches TX so I'm very familiar with both the South Texas Plains, Piney Woods roads, & their surrounding areas.

(because I missed the location in the previous posts??

ooh..and what would I be driving? I drive a little gas-sipper car that pales in comparison to the toys I've seen on these threads...)

Edited by amberita13
rozowski5 and TexasWriter like this

Posted · Report post

Ms Bentttandem and I should be there to hunt. Our daughter and family will probably join us. They live in Austin but have always hunted with us.

Posted · Report post

I'm in for discussion having participated in last years event. I haven't looked far enough ahead to see if I'm in for 2014 (but heck yeah I want to be there...)

Posted · Report post

This year the Challenge is going to be in Bastrop.  The location changes every year, as each region of Texas takes their turn to host the event.  It was last hosted by SouthEast Texas - our region - in 2011.  This year it is Cen-Tex (Central TX)'s turn. 

I started a "How Can We Improve" post in the Texas Challenge Hunt Team - Private Area.  Please be patient as Team Four Paw turns on the permissions to view the board.  Those of you who had access last year should still have access.  Post ideas there!

Last year we were disappointed with our loss, and I think we have the capability to win again.  Our team has won the Challenge three times since this annual event started: in 2003, 2010, and 2012.  We have the best team, but we just have to figure out how to fix the bugs in the system this year.

Everyone has a role they could play.  We need support people, drivers, navigators, hunters, puzzle solvers, technical support, etc.  Even if you don't want to play the game, it is still a MEGA event in Texas that is fun to come to and just hang out with people.

Posted · Report post

I will put it on my calendar.  Right now, I can't think of anything preventing my coming out again.  Had a good time last year and got a feel of what goes on.  Will help out if I can.  (Plus I can get some more counties. :D  ;) )

Posted · Report post

Wahoo. count me in. I would like to hunt this year.. but will still have the camper as command center if that is what is needed. 

Posted · Report post

Sure.  I will try to make it for the third time in a row.  I can still lift heavy things too.

Posted · Report post

I take it this is a weekend deal? If so, count me in! I'm a newbie to the Challenge, but am up for anything.... God knows us Europeans can drive  :coolsmiley: !

Jhawk! likes this

Posted · Report post

I just passed through Bastrop and it looks like the fire was put out yesterday.

Posted · Report post

I just passed through Bastrop and it looks like the fire was put out yesterday.

Yes, it going to take a long time to recover.  My mom lives in Bastrop so I've driven that way a lot.  It makes me sad to see the devastation every time.

Posted · Report post

I'm in for the discussion.   For those posting, wait until you are on the private boards for suggestions.  

So is there a discussion happening there?  I replied here before but don't have access yet.

Posted · Report post

I'll be hunting again! I can't wait! And I'll hopefully be bringing along a couple newbies. :)

Posted · Report post

For those of you interested in the Challenge this year, I posted this event (in case  you haven't already seen it) to get us started: SETX Texas Challenge Information Meeting.  Team Four Paw has not set up the access yet for the new people, so give it a little more time (sorry!), you aren't missing anything yet.  

Posted · Report post

There are a substantial number of people from the Beaumont area who participate; does anyone know if are there plans to have an informational meeting over their way as well?

Posted · Report post

Just a reminder that this thread is public. The planning and scheming needs to happen in the private area. Link should be up top in the menu.

If you need access please see my other thread about gaining access.

Posted · Report post

We CAN have a meeting in the Beaumont area.  We have usually hosted the second meeting in Baytown; however, it seemed like people were more interested in a practice run than a second information meeting.  I set up the first meeting to be central to all, and then am planning a practice event followed by a second information meeting in the Spring area in early March.