Post IN THE QUEUE teasers here

367 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

And then there's this one: http://coord.info/GC4R54B  :)

Yes, our first BFF Caching Buddies (KeyResults + 2katz) hide outside Texas! It's at the Louisiana Welcome Center and it's really easy with the best view in the place. Also, it's our first Bertie Tube hide! La Reviewer wanted to know what a Bertie Tube was so I gave them Bert's number ;)

green-eyed and Baytown Bert like this

Posted · Report post

I'll have to grab the BFF cache next time I run into LA through I-10... which probably will be a while, but I promised powerdog02 we'd go back for a bunch we didn't grab in Lake Charles earlier this month.  And the "first and last" caches, which are a pain to get to without proper planning. 

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

I may place a couple more caches up near our property in F'burg in the coming weeks and those containers are ideal.  I'll probably call them Total-Toobes, just to be different (and give credit where credit is due)

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Oh man, I was just about to suggest that Bert initiate a Wiki on Bertie (Berty) tubes. It's obvious we are on the verge of a tipping point where the entire world is to ask the question: what's a ...

Posted · Report post

Berty tubes are like the age old question...  What color is it?

Posted · Report post

I just put out a first for my area, and I used a couple Bertie tubes in the process. I only have one question: What's a Bertie tube and where do I get them? No, wait, that's two questions.... :D

Posted · Report post

Berty tubes are like the age old question...  What color is it?

Or how long is that 12' canoe

Dhaulaghiri likes this

Posted · Report post

The Berty tube goes national!  :fist-pump:

If not National, then at least INTERnational!!!

I've still got a few left, and since I've been contemplating a cache near our home in the Netherlands these containers are just the thing!

If I can actually find the time between all the stuff we gotta do in the week we're there I'll put out the hide and send some pics over.

I challenge TW to FTF that one  :teasing:

green-eyed and KeyResults like this

Posted · Report post

One placed and ready to go. Another one....something brand new to my area....is soon to come. What a cliffhanger, huh? :)
For those of us without 50 mile notification radii, could you plz post a GC when it's published ?

Posted · Report post

One placed and ready to go. Another one....something brand new to my area....is soon to come. What a cliffhanger, huh? :)

For those of us without 50 mile notification radii, could you plz post a GC when it's published ?

Sure, I'll be happy to.

Posted · Report post

Cache placed and submitted...."Got a Chirp on Your Shoulder? - Simple Multi"

You'll need a Garmin unit (or a friend with one), so if you're hoping to FTF and don't have a Garmin....well, you'll wanna borrow/buy one pretty quick. O0

Posted · Report post

You'll need a Garmin unit (or a friend with one), so if you're hoping to FTF and don't have a Garmin....well, you'll wanna borrow/buy one pretty quick. O0

GC? Area?

Posted · Report post

GC? Area?

Not published yet. My usual area....Willowbrook area. Within a mile or two from the mall...

Posted · Report post

I see it ended up as a mystery type cache.

Posted · Report post

I see it ended up as a mystery type cache.

Yes, and the funny thing is that PR never emailed me about it at all. He simply changed the cache type and published it. Is it just me, or is that him overstepping his bounds?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Chirp caches are required to be unknowns unless you provide an alternative method of getting to the final.  In the knowledge books.

That's how Birds of Armand Bayou got to be a multi -- I had a multi tag at the first spot.  So you could get the chirp from your yak or you could get out and find the multi tag -- but had to get out.

Edited by cachestacker

Posted · Report post

Chirp caches are required to be unknowns unless you provide an alternative method of getting to the final.  In the knowledge books.

That's how Birds of Armand Bayou got to be a multi -- I had a multi tag at the first spot.  So you could get the chirp from your yak or you could get out and find the multi tag -- but had to get out.

I didn't know when I submitted it that they were required to be unknowns but I anticipated issues...just because PR is PR. I only found out a few hours before it published when I was talking with another cacher. I'm not questioning or disputing it needing to be a unknown....I would've accommodated that or added some additional features to the cache to make it available to non-Garmin users and still be a multi that anyone could do (it would've just had an additional stage). What I was questioning was PR just changing the submitted cache from a multi to an unknown without any correspondence. He didn't notify me, temp disable and send a note, etc. That's what I thought was a bit jacked up.

Posted · Report post

I thought you were lucky to get the word Garmin in there.  PR gave me all kinds of crap over it.  And the Chirp Chirp Challenge, too.  Didn't want Chirp... And no, I'm not kidding.  Such a gimme a break factor there.

Posted · Report post

For whatever it's worth, I've been on the other end of the crap before. He's given me hassle about a cache name that sounded something like a restaurant name (although it was in a neighborhood and had nothing to do with a restaurant, food, or anything like that....and my reviewer note when I submitted it stated all that), but then he turned around within days and submitted multiple caches that had the exact name of businesses in the title (and were placed at those businesses). Just goes to show that sometimes he's on his meds and sometimes not.

Posted · Report post

Just put my new challenge in the queue...it will be around IAH when it drops.