Baytown Bert

Post IN THE QUEUE teasers here

367 posts in this topic

To me this rule has always seemed like it goes against promoting geocaching.  I can see not having every meetup of a couple of people be an event, but the reviewers need to use a little common sense.  To get a large group to go cache together, the geocaching.com site would in theory be the easiest way to make that happen. 

Like I said, after HC's warning, I reworded it to show the event was pre-hike and not mandatory by any means.  Oh well, I think we have a way around it, so I am not going to belabor the point with PR.

brh_zps2d573380.jpg

Great BB!! Looking forward to this one.

My son-in-law and I did 11 miles early this morning in LHWP on the Ameri-Trail section. DIdnt do a lot of caching but did a lot of smoking my thighs and calves. Damn 5 mile road is all uphill going North. Jeeeeezuz!!!

Edited by GASTX
Baytown Bert likes this

The first 2 are submitted, but I'll have to wait until the trail is further along to do more.  It should be good for 7-10.

Prepare to get corny in Pearland:

GC59XJC: The Island of Corny Jokes

I love corny jokes and carroty jokes and mushroomy jokes....and...

;D

Tomball?

I had assumed it was much further West or possibly the crossing from Houston to Baytown via Channelview (After the Zombie Apocalypse). Hmmmm

There must be something in the water over there for cachers to be that active.  They're sluggish around here. My BHP hike and bike hasn't had a visitor in 3 weeks.

Team Trog just missed the FTF on the cemetery cache!  http://coord.info/GC59YTA

Well, more than just missed it - Sharon133 and company were there about 5 hours before me.  Since it hadn't shown as logged by the time we got here, I headed out to take a look before getting settled in, but wasn't totally surprised to see that it had already been found.  I might go out today sometime and check out your other new hide.  I'm always up for a great hill country view.

In answer to Han's question about the event we had in the woods...

Zombie-cache_zpsb1f42c0a.jpg

I knew we should have checked your pockets and gear for a "spare" cache container before we started Saturday!

Baytown Bert likes this

Nope.  The new one is a half mile away, in between that one and the last one.  :angel:  

here_zps0ea4b667.jpg

Edited by Baytown Bert

Kinda figured that spot was going to get occupied on Saturday. Bert, you must enjoy seeing and hearing about folks suffering, although if this cache will publish before we get a bunch of rain someone may be able to follow a blood trail and not even need their GPSr...

Baytown Bert and GASTX like this

FTF will get something special from me after they get a blood transfusion.

An autographed Baytown Bert bandaid? :)

Baytown Bert likes this