Berty tube caps

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I need 2 Berty tube caps.  Can some Gatorade-drinkin' person bring some to the Park n' Gab for me?  

Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've heard that Nesquik chocolate milk caps work well, and I know that Honest Ade caps and most Vitamin Water bottle caps work too.  I'd bring you some, Arlene, but I'm not coming up there.

Edited by HoustonControl

Posted · Report post

Posted on another topic

"Saturday, after BB's Block Party Event, I went looking for Gatorade bottle caps and only found six or seven of them at a new subdivision here in Deer Park where they had 15-18 new home under construction.    I walked around the open slabs and at/thru the trash the workers left after their lunch.  There were no workers after four o'clock.  The homes just had the slab poured or with only the 2x4 framing. 

I just took a Berty tube with me to trial fit as I found a discarded bottle.  I found caps from Gatorade, Powerade, Minute Maid bottles, Bordens pint bottles, Oak Farms pint bottles, Tampico, and a white one gallon orange drink bottle.  In addition, I found an orange, green, yellow, red, white, and blue caps with no name that works on those Berty tubes."

Posted · Report post

And what us old timers use - Prune Juice bottles

:cheers:

Posted · Report post

I found that the 20 oz. vitamin water bottles work. They are Kroger brand and were on sale 2 for $1.00

Posted · Report post

I have also found that the 1 quart juice bottle caps will fit the Bertie tubes. He caps from Dole, Welch's and Wal-Mart's juices.

Posted · Report post

Do the 20oz gatorade bottle caps work? I grabbed about 30 tonight at a church youth event.

Posted · Report post

Do the 20oz gatorade bottle caps work? I grabbed about 30 tonight at a church youth event.

Yep!

Posted · Report post

The extra large Gatorade bottles have a larger opening and won't work, but it appears the Berty Tube size is used on a lot of different containers.

Posted · Report post

The 32 oz Gatorade tops are to large like BB stated. The 32 and 20 oz powerade tops are the same size and fit fine.

Posted · Report post

What's a Berty tube? Is it a custom designed cache tube manufactured by Baytown Bert?

Posted · Report post

It is an NSA approved spying device triggered by inquisitive Asians.  WAIT!  I just got a bite!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Berty-tube_zps01f70d65.jpgIt is an NSA approved spying device triggered by inquisitive Asians.  WAIT!  I just got a bite!

8351-31-days-of-geocaching-nw-houston

Edited by SockPuppet

Posted · Report post

Berty tubes are an exclusive short fat preform named after a nefarious geocacher from Baytown who is also short and fat.

Berty-Tubes_zps010f1899.jpg

Posted · Report post

First off, thank you BB for the BBTs given to Dhaulghiri for R5 which we have received and plan on using quickly.  I must agree they are a bit weird to handle and that I would really like to know the story behind them.  Where do they come from?  Why no lids?  Why just BB has them? 

Posted · Report post

"Don't let a horse's gift look you in the mouth"  (Rough translation)