August Souvenirs

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I picked up another 150! Bring on the 50 mile biking trail!

I just painted my Berty tubes today as well as several other containers. Awesome tubes! O0  Rich needs to drink more gatorade though...  ;D

green-eyed and Baytown Bert like this

Posted · Report post

I went through the trash can outside the control room at work and picked up 15 or so Gatorade lids.  They keep a cooler inside stocked full of the stuff on hot days.  O0

Posted · Report post

That is awesome Bert!  Reuse is even better then Recycle!

I'm looking forward to finding them!

By the way, my day 3 was a FTF at 6:45am on an ammo can under an abandon railroad bridge in Sienna Plantation.  Who'd thunk??   ~windknot~ apparently.  http://coord.info/GC4HFEQ

ce08e5f3-c9e1-4449-86e6-4b8da7bc7713.jpg

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I got my first August souvey!  I am so totally hooked now.  :smiley6600:

Posted · Report post

I'm three for three right now. The area around me is mostly dead but there are few here and there I can get. I also teach guitar in home so that allows me to drive around and get some more that are out of Baytown. This will be hard to pull off but I'm definitely going to try and get all 31.

Posted · Report post

Fourth day of my August streak. I've mapped out the next week with caches in Bellaire and SW Houston. I just had published 13 new caches. 4 just outside our neighborhood and 9 in a park near the Westpark Toll Road.

BTW Bert, I just painted the 3 Bertie tubes you gave me when we did the Mid-town bike trail. Looks like I'll be placing them in a small park that used to have some caches that have been archived.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Yes indeed! I will get one of them on the way home from work tonight, so I am changing my tune! Bring on the souveys! (I'm such a wishy-washy guy!)

Yes indeed! I will get one of them on the way home from work tonight, so I am changing my tune! Bring on the souveys! (I'm such a wishy-washy guy!)

Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

We're enjoying it. When we go out caching we usually have a "destination," so we actually have a lot of caches unfound in our home radius, making it all a bit easier.

--Q

Posted · Report post

Fourth day of my August streak. I've mapped out the next week with caches in Bellaire and SW Houston. I just had published 13 new caches. 4 just outside our neighborhood and 9 in a park near the Westpark Toll Road.

Stan plans to use those 9 in the park  along the Westpark Toll Road for 9 of our days since they are near his work.  Normally these would be ones that we'd get all at once but we'll use them for the streak.  Streaks really cause cachers to be inefficient with their caching, so after the 31 days, we'll go back to caching like we normally would. 

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

My current streak is only 10 days and that was 3 years ago. I routinely work about 300 hours OT per year and its just danged hard to go after a cache after working a 12 hour day, especially in the heat of summer. I'm at 390 hours OT already this year and I missed the first two days of August due to the heat and work, so if I head west this evening after work, instead of going home east, I can get 1 today and that will give me 9 in a row. I will do it unless it becomes ridiculous and on my off days, I'll cache as I usually do - scorched earth style!

Dhaulaghiri likes this

Posted · Report post

We're up to 11 (of 11).  Our previous streak (not that we paid any attention to it) was 4.  I don't think streaks are our thing.  Neither are power trails. :stirpot:

Posted · Report post

The one for today looks like a lollipop!

Posted · Report post

The one for today looks like a lollipop!

I thought the same thing.  Stan had to tell me it was a magnifying glass. 

ATMA likes this

Posted · Report post

Today is hump day for me - 10.  This ties my longest streak.

Posted · Report post

Today is hump day for me - 10.  This ties my longest streak.

YEA!  Go, Bert, go!  :D

Posted · Report post

Well, a lot of men my age go that way.  Har har! :uglystupid2:

Posted · Report post

12 of 31.  I almost did not make it today, but I thought I would try for a cache after seeing a movie with my daughter, and I found it, during rush hour...YUK!!

Posted · Report post

I have been managing to keep the streak going, thankfully we have a few in our area I had held off for a rainy day, or day light, or whatever so now they are being found.  Next week we will be spending week on the road to Florida and back so hoping to twist my mom's arm along the way... She won't have much of a choice when I am driving  :laugh:

Posted · Report post

Day before yesterday we encountered another cacher at the cache. It was neat! I've launched a few more trackables.

Posted · Report post

Day before yesterday we encountered another cacher at the cache. It was neat! I've launched a few more trackables.

Keep up the good work, and if you come to an event you'll meet a Lot more cachers ;)

Posted · Report post

I must say, this August thing has been cool from a CO perspective too. The series caches have definitely experienced some lift even in the heat of Aug.

Activity must be up all over.

Baytown Bert likes this