August Souvenirs

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm drinking the kool-aid and getting my August caches and souvenirs. May be easier for me, with a bunch of nearby unfounds, than for people with large cached-out dead zones. But HC and Shell are still making gas!

Posted · Report post

I enjoyed the first one yesterday.  Been way too inactive for too long and hoping to become the player I once was.

Posted · Report post

Got one on the way home yesterday, and even got FunSize out the door to get one, too, after I got home!  Luckily she has some close one's she hasn't done so I don't have to run far for her if I've picked one up on the way home. 

Posted · Report post

I'm working with a giant dead zone surrounding me.

Posted · Report post

We are working on a streak to qualify for a challenge cache so we will end up with the August souvenirs as a consequence.  2 down, 29 more to go.

Posted · Report post

We've got a huge dead zone around us too.  We'll see how long this streak will last.

Posted · Report post

As a newbie we're excited about doing this, (although we read about OHL Hockey Guy's 30 day challenge behind the Clear Lake Wal-Mart...which goes to show there's always a 1-upper challenge out there!). 

I'm waiting for my first hide, (submitted 07/30), to be published to help out the area numbers...  mtp

green-eyed and ohl hockey guy like this

Posted · Report post

woohoo!  i'll watch for your hide amberita13!!  i'm stuck in the clear lake area only, and limited on that as it is, for the rest of the summer. i need to place a few for the locals in a dead zone since I still have a bunch to pick up.  also slightly limited...one-armed caching in the woods not always advised, but I do it. 

Posted · Report post

Even though I've more then doubled my number of finds since arriving in Houston I don't think I'll have much trouble doing 31 more days in a row. Mostly I've been picking off the larger series like the Presidents, CLAPS and Elements, so there's still plenty to be found close to home.

I can imagine the people living a little farther out there having more trouble, since there are (in general) fewer cachers around, hence also fewer new caches. But have faith, caching friends, there's always something out there!!!

georeyna likes this

Posted · Report post

Staying true to my original complaint.  I'm not feeling it... however, I am not throwing stones or being critical of those of us who are taking this @#$%^& thing serious.  :angel:

Posted · Report post

I wonder if I should keep track of my mileage for this streak?   :stirpot:   Probably not.  It might just make me mad.  :veryangry:

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I am gonna try to keep the 31 day streak going.  The souvenirs have been kinda fun to get (DAY 2).  Hey, I heard a *BOOOOOOOOOOO* coming from Bert's Thread!

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

It will not take too many more finds to break my pas streak max. For now I hope that is one of several goals for this month.

Posted · Report post

Kirbydox did a great job prodding the locals down here in Sugar Lane/Sienna Plantation.  there are a ton of new caches around.  Love it!

Posted · Report post

Day 2 down.  BanditDad & BanditBoy did Day 1 & Day 2 while I was at work.  Feel left out.  It's the first time they've GC'd without me!  LOL  Going to get payback while BanditDad is at work & BanditBoy is elsewhere tomorrow!  Bahaha!  Can't let them out-do me!  Happy Caching everyone!  

Posted · Report post

We have managed day 2 but although there are tons around the house to do, 31 days in a row is going to be difficult to do. Gonna try though.

Posted · Report post

I'm giving it a go... for now.  Now if I can just get Bert to place some more caches nearby so I can continue my streak.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Good news for Bert and HC, with some new caches overnight to your west. Thanks, P+!

cajunabear likes this

Posted · Report post

Yes indeed! I will get one of them on the way home from work tonight, so I am changing my tune! Bring on the souveys! (I'm such a wishy-washy guy!)

Posted · Report post

I've picked up about 50 for P+ that I will get to him. As long as I can get more, I'll gladly share. They take the 20 ounce size Gatorade/Powerade bottle caps, which don't come with them and will hold a whole sheet of paper with ease.

cachestacker likes this