Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Claiming an FTF

Claiming FTF   13 votes

1. 1. Who gets to claim FTF if Some finds the physical container first but didn't log the logsheet and hadn't logged it online, but has a picture with the container at GZ. Or the person that actually signed the logsheet and logged online first.

• Person who logged the logsheet and logged online first.
    • Person who found the container first, couldn't get the logsheet out, took a picture, then posted that the FTF'd it after someone else logged it online (and oh yeah post dated it a day to make sure it got listed first.)
    • Both

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Put ParkerPlus got it on the Special Tools one -- he logged it yesterday!

That's some next-level FTF strategery!

Edited by cachestacker
Baytown Bert and green-eyed like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

That danged P+ is a fricken legend.  LOL  Did you see him sneak off from the group today to get the final of Special tools required?

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

There was a caching couple that used to live in Kingwood but they have since moved to Lubbock who would often leave a 2nd place ribbon as swag if they were FTF. Her name was Lettie and I cannot remember his name. I met her at a cache and she called me a newbie.

Posted · Report post

I claimed a FTF on SPECIAL TOOLS REQUIRED by mistake yesterday and corrected the log today.  Changed it to a Will Attend entry.  Sorry

Posted · Report post

There was a caching couple that used to live in Kingwood but they have since moved to Lubbock who would often leave a 2nd place ribbon as swag if they were FTF. Her name was Lettie and I cannot remember his name. I met her at a cache and she called me a newbie.

That would be the CacheAbels.   Lettie and Jim, I think.

Posted · Report post

That would be the CacheAbels.   Lettie and Jim, I think.

Yes that's the couple. I used to find a lot of 2nd place ribbons in a cache and it took me awhile to get the joke. They stopped calling me a newbie once I scooped them (FTF) on some caches in their neighborhood. A great couple.

Posted · Report post

We lucked into some newly-published caches in Ontario a few weeks ago.   We signed a brand new log on a cache and a car pulled up as we were walking back to our truck from GZ.  It was two local cachers. We had a nice chat, gave them one of our tags, and parted ways.   We saw them again about 30 minutes later as they had just signed a pristine log on another cache and they invited us to join them to go after two more FTFs...such gracious ladies.  After finding two more co-FTFs with them, we parted ways.  It was very hot (90+ degrees, sunny) and they were giving up for the day.  We ended up getting two more FTFs ourselves afterwards.  It is always great to meet people on the caching trail and these two nice women made our visit to Ontario all the better. 

2katz and green-eyed like this