Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Streaks

Streaks: How strict is one-a-day?   36 votes

1. 1. Geocaching Streaks of x number of consecutive days means...

• One physical find, cache in hand, log is signed, each day period. No exceptions
    • One physical find and logged each day, but some exceptions are excusable, ok fudge a little
    • Find several caches when you can, then just log one each day. No Biggie.
    • I got no time for stupid streaks. I just wanna cache!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

114 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Where's the police car one for the police interaction experience?

i might get one of those if i go after your new ones... signs posted private property and a cop drove out of the area as i came towards it after lunch today... needless to say, i didn't attempt on my way to P/T.

Posted · Report post

What the souvenirs will look like => linky

I gotta get that LPC one for the 10th!

I see on the link that Martina Hulse of Rocky4 "liked" the calendar on the blog. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

KeyReults, on 28 Jul 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

With premium membership u can set up txt or email notifications for specific areas. Texas writer's area is lower 48 states, unless he recently expanded it.

Anyway, it's among the cool perks of premium.

What the souvenirs will look like => linky

I gotta get that LPC one for the 10th!

Lol, you guys are funny. I just like to stay abreast of what's going on.....and maybe slink off to foreign lands for FTF's in the middle of the night. Helps keep the neighboring counties on their toes. :NTN:

HC, I have cut the entire state of Alabama out of my notifications. Considering a couple of other ones, too.

Edited by TexasWriter

Posted · Report post

Holy Cow!  I just had a traditional cache publish in under 4 minutes.   Wild!

I have a couple of caches that I submitted on Sunday that hopefully should be coming out soon.  Plus another I'm ready to place.  I'm doing my part to give the locals a shot at doing the streak even though I already know I won't be able to get them all.  I'll be 15 miles down the beach on Padre Island in 4x4 territory on one of the weekends.  Maybe I should post an event there and I'll be the only cacher to attend.  :laugh:

Posted · Report post

Make it a flash mob and you won't even have to be there all that long!

Posted · Report post

Holy Cow!  I just had a traditional cache publish in under 4 minutes.   Wild!

I have a couple of caches that I submitted on Sunday that hopefully should be coming out soon.  Plus another I'm ready to place.  I'm doing my part to give the locals a shot at doing the streak even though I already know I won't be able to get them all.  I'll be 15 miles down the beach on Padre Island in 4x4 territory on one of the weekends.  Maybe I should post an event there and I'll be the only cacher to attend.  :laugh:

Thanks for the local ones!

Posted · Report post

HC, I have cut the entire state of Alabama out of my notifications.

Probably a good thing.  Competition is pretty stiff here.  :P

Posted · Report post

Day 7 for us.  First streak we've tried.

Must be a little difficult for you since you probably have cached out your area.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Day 7 for us.  First streak we've tried.

Must be a little difficult for you since you probably have cached out your area.

Yup.  Not terribly environmentally friendly to drive to Conroe and back for one cache.

We might take a road trip...

Edited by TheNorman

Posted · Report post

We have been lucky that for the first part of the streak we are on vacation, so we have made sure to get at least one cache a day.  We also plan to get our first Michigan cache tomorrow and add a Michigan souvenir too.  

ohl hockey guy and green-eyed like this

Posted · Report post

I missed day one and two. Anyone got spares?

Posted · Report post

I'm still 7/7 and now .Jpeg graciously placed another new cache within 1 mile from my house. So far it's been easy to keep it going, but then again it's also part of a larger streak... 100 days & counting.

ohl hockey guy likes this

Posted · Report post

7/7 too. I should have no problems with getting all of August. The realy question is how far will it continue after that... Don't think I will try to break my longest.streak because I would have to get 569 days in a row.

Posted · Report post

I pooh pooh a lot of Groundspeak's ideas, but this one is working, getting people out finding, placing new ones and holding events.

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

8 for 8 so I beat Dhaulaghiri's 7 for 7.  LOL!! 

I have had my kids for most of the finds, so with a roll of the eyes from the kids and I am off to make a find.  I have been hitting easy ones but hopefully will hit a trail or do a series in the future.

How is everyone else doing?

Posted · Report post

I missed the first 2 only, but I figure I'll miss more due to work and the deadzone out to 30 miles.

Posted · Report post

8 for 8 so I beat Dhaulaghiri's 7 for 7.  LOL!! 

I have had my kids for most of the finds, so with a roll of the eyes from the kids and I am off to make a find.  I have been hitting easy ones but hopefully will hit a trail or do a series in the future.

How is everyone else doing?

Don't worry, got 14 today, so I'm 8/8 too ;)

Going after a few more of the Warrior series on the north side again tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

i'm 8 for 8 along with powerdog02.  would like to hit the trails... maybe this weekend we'll hit one of the nearby nature trails that I can manage easy enough.  otherwise, it's been mostly PNGs so far after work.  sweated out a few gallons on the 1st day for a half mile trek at bay area park to get a letterbox...

Posted · Report post

We're also 8 for 8.  It must be nice to pick up a bunch in a day.  I'm afraid if I do that, I will succumb and will enlarge our "dead zone" and won't be able to finish the streak.