gsguru

TEXAS CHALLENGE 2016

Other than a glitch that popped up in scoring, which tends to happen every year despite our best efforts(!), IT WAS A FANTASTIC EVENT!  Thank you everyone who contributed, worked an activity, hid the caches, etc., etc, but the greatest accolade goes to Gary Foster!  Without him, this would have been something I could cook up and that wouldn't be much!  There are too many names to mention, but we appreciate everyone for their contribution!  As far as the scoring anomaly goes on the activity caches, I'm sure Greg will uncover where it deviated and I fully support him to the enth degree.  if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at me.

All I know is it was fun and I wore the Wendy's wig most of the time!  About 99% of the containers were found and there was no evidence of foul play or cheating throughout the event and if I am not mistaken, that is a first.  One quadrant had a missing bird house that Bubberdad furnished and it was gone, leading us to believe a muggle found it.

• Like 1

This is my 3rd Challenge, as I was always working and I joined the TXGA when it was first organized.  Frankly, I don't care who wins/won and I always have a blast.  I met so may new people that it caused me to miss maybe a meal a day over the four days I was there.  Gary Foster was a lifesaver for me and the amount of labor that went into this challenge/Festival was up in the tens of thousands of man hours by the time it was over.  My hat is off to everyone who came, played, or contributed in any way.

• Like 2

I thank all of you who have sent me kudos, but the truth is I decided that I wouldn't take this task on unless I had a solid group of volunteers. I cannot adequately thank all of those who were a part of this

Sent from TDW's iPhone using Tapatalk

Endeavor. This was genuinely a group effort and is proof that teamwork gets things done. Thank you to each of the volunteers.

Sent from TDW's iPhone using Tapatalk