gsguru

TEXAS CHALLENGE 2016

129 posts in this topic

Well, there you have it.

1 person likes this

The Blue Bell Tours are only on the weekdays but the $1 a scoop is open on the weekends. It would be good to give them a head-ups so they can add extra staff if needed at Blue Bell. I think a lot of people would come if it was in Brenham.

1 person likes this

The Blue Bell Tours are only on the weekdays but the $1 a scoop is open on the weekends. It would be good to give them a head-ups so they can add extra staff if needed at Blue Bell. I think a lot of people would come if it was in Brenham.

I would definitely come if it were in Brenham!

Brenham sound like a great idea, especially when you have the Chamber of Commerce buying into the Challenge. 

Brenham sound like a great idea, especially when you have the Chamber of Commerce buying into the Challenge. 

I wonder if they can match the Bridge Spittin' Event .... LOL

Cow Pattie Toss?

3 people like this

Cow Pattie Toss?

A quick look and I just saw "Pattie Toss?"  

Why you want to toss me??  :what???::startled: But then I saw the Cow part ...whew   

1 person likes this

ITS 2015 guys.

Now that 2015 TC is almost upon us, what is the consensus on the location of our 2016 challenge? Has anyone checked out the parks and hunting location in Brenham?

Sue and Ron Coats

Brenham it will be.  they are rolling out the red carpet.

2 people like this

Hey, 12 miles from my hometown. I'll definitely be there.

2 people like this

I hope so.  Some wheels turn too slow for me.

For some odd reason I thought it was going to be in Brenham... wherever, I'm happy to help!

2016 14th Annual TXGA Texas Challenge and Geocaching Festival

Hosted by: SETX-TXGA and VisitBrenham

Dates: March 10 - 13, 2016

Short Description: On March 12, 2016 from 9am to 5pm, the Brenham/Washington County Chamber and Visitor Center in conjunction with the SETX Region of the Texas Geocaching Society (TXGA) want geocachers from around the world to come and enjoy their hospitality at the 14th Annual TXGA Texas Challenge and Geocaching Festival.

Long Description: Since 2002, the TXGA Texas Challenge has pitted regional teams from around Texas in a fun intense geocaching competition.

Each year a different region of Texas hosts the event and rules change often depending on the location and other situations. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE TO ATTEND. In fact, we encourage non-competitors to join us for the fun activities created especially for them.

This year, your SETX-TXGA Hosts have planned a weekend that will not only include a challenging race, but numerous activities planned specifically for those cachers who do NOT wish to compete. Everyone is invited and we guarantee that everyone will have fun.

1 person likes this

http://coord.info/GC5NTX8, Now it's published! Woo Hoo! From what I've heard so far, I'm thinking this is gonna be a really fun MEGA event that Texas can be proud of.

3 people like this

We are only 10 days away from the competition and other fun activities. This is a brief announcement to catch you up.
1) Coins and tag sets are still for sell at texasgeocaching.com/events

2) We have some wonderful vendors who will be setup at the fairgrounds on Friday evening (Mar 11). They are drives Cache Closet, Red Hat Geocaching Apparel and This-N-That geocaching store.
3) Besides some "geo-activities" we also have a full weekend of geocaching workshops planned. I will make the workshop schedule available in the next day or two.
4) We have "Will Attends" from Europe, South America, Canada, New Hampshire to Oregon, Montana to Mississippi. That means our Travel Bug Exchange should get your trackables a good start on journeys around the globe.

That's enough (probably too much) for this announcement. See everyone in Brenham!

How is this bad weather going to affect the challenge?

It will be wet in some places?  Just like geocaching!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Looks like we'll be cancelling the 'Caching with an Android device' seminar as no one has stepped up to host.  Too bad, so sad. :( 

Edited by 2katz

Jennifer just posted the link to the lab caches on facebook, so I thought I would share it here too. #geocacheBrenham

3 people like this

Good luck to the SETX crew tomorrow!!!!!

Sent from the Matrix

Thank you to the entire SETX Gang for an awesome weekend. This was my first Texas Challenge to attend and it was awesome. I cant wait for next year.

1 person likes this