Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Perfect Tool for TEXAS series !

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

BFF 2katz and I saw this rather large solution to ridiculous bush whacking scenarios while working the Three Amigos Series. :) I just don't know where I'd keep it! post-1387-137107117551_thumb.jpg

Edited by KeyResults
2katz, green-eyed and pindroppers74 like this

With that tool in your caching pack, there is no longer need for tree climbing ....   :D

Edited by Mr Muddy Buddy

Posted · Report post

I know everyone is seeing the scorched-earth dirt work that is going on all around Houston.  Its almost as if they have a vendetta against anything green.  God help here if we don't start an aggressive program to replant.  I've lost about 10 caches to this one thing alone, but more than that, the greenhouse gas alone will continue to spike upward and then there is the loss of habitat. I plan on writing the mayor of Baytown over my concern.

I know everyone is seeing the scorched-earth dirt work that is going on all around Houston.  Its almost as if they have a vendetta against anything green.  God help here if we don't start an aggressive program to replant.  I've lost about 10 caches to this one thing alone, but more than that, the greenhouse gas alone will continue to spike upward and then there is the loss of habitat. I plan on writing the mayor of Baytown over my concern.

Likewise Montgomery County.  A huge new Exxon campus and now 2000 more acres of forest (the Camp Strake property) poised to become high end housing and a new retail area.  If we live long enough we will probably see an uninterrupted expanse of concrete from Galveston to Huntsville.

Oh yes, forgot to add that there's little point contacting the mayor of Conroe about the Camp Strake development as he enthusiastically supports it and envisions Conroe someday blooming into a city with thirty and forty story office buildings.  Guess that render the "tool" an unnecessary gadget.

Edited by Team Troglodyte

Posted · Report post

Likewise Montgomery County.  A huge new Exxon campus and now 2000 more acres of forest (the Camp Strake property) poised to become high end housing and a new retail area.  If we live long enough I we will probably see an uninterrupted expanse of concrete from Galveston to Huntsville.

Oh yes, forgot to add that there's little point contacting the mayor of Conroe about the Camp Strake development as he enthusiastically supports it and envisions Conroe someday blooming into a city with thirty and forty story office buildings.  Guess that render the "tool" an unnecessary gadget.

Fortunately for Huntsville, there is National Forest between Huntsville and points south, so that might stop the spread of concrete.

Posted · Report post

I bet that even National Forests are not exempt.  If the Gov't needs the money, they'll probably sell it....

Fortunately for Huntsville, there is National Forest between Huntsville and points south, so that might stop the spread of concrete.

Posted · Report post

I'm with you on that, Bert. I'm thinking about writing to the mayor of Baytown as well. The forests and fields vanishing is really starting to bum me out.

Posted · Report post

Definitely agree with bert and neb. Baytown is being cut down slowly but surely. And the outlying areas are getting even worse. Mt belvieu is being chopped down more quickly than I could ever imagine. Its ridiculous

Posted · Report post

The truth is Gary, that geocachers spend more time in the woods than sportsmen.  We are probably more aware of vanishing habitat than almost any other hobby group.  Out opinions are very important and I thank you for your contribution.  We have a voice in our community and we should exercise it.

Posted · Report post

Minor correction.  What the mayor is seeing is dollar signs.  Any idea what the property tax revenue will be with that being high dollar residential vs. the nothing they got when it belonged to a non-profit?  

Eagle