Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Let's talk ladders

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I want a multi-piece ladder to carry around in my Jeep to tackle those pesky 4-5 terrain rated geocaches like this one (GC36VD9) that is twenty feet above the ground. Mudfrog has one. Anyone have something like this or one that is just as good? (Look at the photos of these crazy people on the page - only one is actually sane!) BTW, congrats to KeyResults and 2Katz for getting this one recently.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I think you've seen my telescoping extension ladder.  Nice and compact when retracted, but a bit heavy.  Not the sturdiest feeling when I'm towards the top of it either.

d8e2eacf-a93a-454f-bf40-0f90ff84e0ff.jpg

THIS ONE looks interesting!

Edited by HoustonControl

Posted · Report post

Bert, Lone Wolf brand Climbing Sticks. Ain't cheap, but light and work great for me and my BFF. ;) A set of 4 stacks sweet and sling carries no problem. Weight 7 lbs. good for 25 foot tree. Add another section or two if you want to go higher.

Posted · Report post

Bert, Lone Wolf brand Climbing Sticks. Ain't cheap, but light and work great for me and my BFF. ;) A set of 4 stacks sweet and sling carries no problem. Weight 7 lbs. good for 25 foot tree. Add another section or two if you want to go higher.

The climbing sticks worked great. I was VERY impressed!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

We tried out my birthday ladder today for the first time on this cache:  GC295DY  I held the bottom and my Bride went up for the grab! 

Heavy Duty Telescopic Aluminum Ladder 12.5' Extended 3' Compacted ZT-A13

59899987-2295-48d5-b919-a8271e363aed.jpg

Edited by Baytown Bert
2katz likes this

Posted · Report post

"I held the bottom and my Bride went up for the grab! "

Sounds like something a brand new parent would say...or, perhaps an Mr. and Mrs Zoo worker. :)

Baytown Bert and KaiserM715 like this