2013 Geocaching Block Party

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Got my airfare and hotels, etc for the REAL Block Party in Seattle just now.  Can't wait!

Posted · Report post

Got my airfare and hotels, etc for the REAL Block Party in Seattle just now.  Can't wait!

See you there ....

Scott's and my plans for the block party/Glacier train trip are coming together ... So we are doing the block party first, then taking the train to Glacier from Seattle.

Then after Glacier, taking the train to Minneapolis/St. Paul and flying home after a day there.

Posted · Report post

I guess Juleed and I need to start hashing out the Block Party in the Baytown area to coincide with this one.

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

Bummer.. just had to move a team meeting (in seattle) for that week so I can go to a trade show.  I'm going to miss both block parties.

Posted · Report post

Got my gasoline money put aside for the trip to Baytown!!  All $70.00!!  I hope one day to go to the Block Party, Seattle does rock and it is a very beautiful city.  

@Heftydude: Try to go to Geowoodstock, you will enjoy it, especially since it is a traveling event, next year being in St. Louis.  I also hear the beer is great, there are beer tours, one a brew house, the other *BUDWEISER*.  I am really shooting for St. Louis next year just, seems like a very nice place to host GW12.  Don't kick GW around until you have tried it!  

Posted · Report post

Maybe one day I will go to the real block party but will mark down to go to Baytown this year. 

Georeyna, just to make sure I am not too confused but did you mean that GW14 (not GW12) would be in St. Louis next year?  I had looked little while back but couldn't find the location.  If it is, if anyone is interested in a combining expenses and doing a road trip I would love to go. 

Posted · Report post

It's going to be a real block party in Baytown. I'm going to set a tire on fire in the front yard and Juleed is going to cook a goat.

Posted · Report post

It's going to be a real block party in Baytown. I'm going to set a tire on fire in the front yard and Juleed is going to cook a goat.

Nice!  Can't wait!  have not had tire-smoked cabrito in a long time!

georeyna and Baytown Bert like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Maybe one day I will go to the real block party but will mark down to go to Baytown this year. 

Georeyna, just to make sure I am not too confused but did you mean that GW14 (not GW12) would be in St. Louis next year?  I had looked little while back but couldn't find the location.  If it is, if anyone is interested in a combining expenses and doing a road trip I would love to go. 

GeoWoodstock XII will be in 2014 in St. Louis (actually, St. Charles, MO).  The first Geowoodstock was in 2003.

Edited by HoustonControl

Posted · Report post

Nice!  Can't wait!  have not had tire-smoked cabrito in a long time!

I will bring the tortillias y salsa...or as BaytownBert states *Tore* Till* *a* and *that red sauce*...or is it cachestacker who sez that :-\ ? 

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I know what a tortiller is. But watch

out for KR if those are around. I think we all know what he does with those...

Posted · Report post

I priced out the Blockparty trip and found that it was pretty reasonable. Started making arrangements for Tadpole babysitting and the such then got invited to go with Chicken's family up to Branson. I guess the prospect of seeing Wayne Netwon won out. :2funny:

Wait, he's in Vegas,,, Oh well, too late now! :uglystupid2:

This works out good though. Now i get to run over to Baytown on the 17th if all goes well!

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Will be heading to the block party.  Been a while since I can make a mega event and never made any to HQ.

Planning on giving a Milestone and Extremes Map to HOUSTON CONTROL and to one of the co founders of the ET HWY mega series at a local event during the same weekend.

So looking forward to it.  :cheers:

TravelingGeek likes this

Posted · Report post

Woot! I just booked air and hotel to make the block party in Seattle. Sweet!
Quite exciting. Going to be there only for the weekend but hoping to find some fun caches and participate in all events.

Posted · Report post

Will be heading to the block party.  Been a while since I can make a mega event and never made any to HQ.

Planning on giving a Milestone and Extremes Map to HOUSTON CONTROL and to one of the co founders of the ET HWY mega series at a local event during the same weekend.

Which event?  Would like to be there if we can.

Posted · Report post

Which event?  Would like to be there if we can.

Clay4 & whtwolfden's Meet & Greet Mixer

Posted · Report post

I'm staying in that hotel Saturday night, but the event is Friday night.  Hmmmmmm...

Posted · Report post

Awesome time at the Block Party!  A special thanks to cajunabear for delivering my custom Milestones Map to me during the trip (OK, he had to give it to me at baggage claim at IAH yesterday, but it still made the trip).  I managed to get the old and special caches in Oregon on Thursday: GC12 (placed 5/12/00), GC17 (placed 7/21/00), the Original Stash Tribute Plaque, GC92 (placed 10/22/00), GC142 (placed 1/7/01), and GCA5 (placed 11/4/00).  Attended the Block Party Saturday and got 11 cache types in a day, including the new and limited edition Lab Cache icon.  Got another old cache on Sunday morning with the hike up to GCD (placed 6/21/00) and topped it off with the hike through the tunnel to the Ape Tribute cache and a find on another oldie, GC79 (placed 10/7/00).  A lot of walking, hiking and climbing, but incredibly fun!

post-25-0-86442900-1377056862_thumb.jpg

cajunabear and Baytown Bert like this

Posted · Report post

Cool!  O0

So were your lab caches temporary caches, or were they new spins on traditional caches? 

Posted · Report post

The lab caches were basically code word caches that you accessed via a web page on your smart phone. 5 of them involved taking a tour of local microbreweries (and sampling the beer!). They call them lab caches because the were basically beta testing a new cache activity at the Block Party and they were only available for a couple of days.

Posted · Report post

At Original Stash Plaque. Triad complete.

20130815_152824_zps54927431.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Glad to see you posting, Larry!  How are you doing and what's going on?

Edited by bbqbob2