2013 Geocaching Block Party

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is anyone going to the block party? I intend to go IF I get the time off request!!!

Posted · Report post

I'm planning on going

Posted · Report post

I wasn't planning to, but vacation restrictions at work have been lifted somewhat... so maybe!

Posted · Report post

The HGS could host one in Houston for the many who hate Seattle - LOL Just sayin'... Alexander Duessen Park GC3AEX4 has giant pavilions.

Posted · Report post

My boss finally okayed my time off request. Now I have to decide on a flight, accomodations, rent car etc...I cant wait :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Juleed and I are planning one for us Po folk.  It'll be in Baytown.

Count me in, my po' brother from another mother...

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Well, you can call it a block party, but you won't get the icon.

Of course you'll save a thousand dollars. :peace:

Posted · Report post

Thousands?  I can tell you I spent no where near that last year when I went. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well, it falls right in the middle of my shift, so I'll have to take only one day of vaction and we'll slip in a CITO too, most like at Jenkins Park. By the way, they are adding a complete Disc (Frisbee) Golf course there and it's mostly completed.

Edited by Baytown Bert
cachestacker likes this

Posted · Report post

Actually, Ill bring a neon pink Valkarie too considering company. ;)

Posted · Report post

We're going to do it the way Larry did for the 10-10-10 event. Potluck and please, no roach clips.

Posted · Report post

I imagine we could possibly have a good number and a great time. I may even rehide my caches to give the park paths a break.

Posted · Report post

Thousands?  I can tell you I spent no where near that last year when I went. 

I didn't say thousands (plural) I said A thousand.  I was figuring airfare, rent car, hotel for 3 or 4 days, gas, food, geocoins, etc...

Posted · Report post

I was damn near a Cleveland (had to look it up...) on my one trip there and that was splitting a roachy (not really) motel with my brother.  

And HC left off "bar tab" on the list of expenses.  If you meet up with Rich, Lola  and KD, expect there to be a bar tab.

In all honesty, I think my portion of the trip was in the $800 range.  Airfare alone was $400.  I couldn't find the spreadsheet that Matt used to clarify split expenses.  Otherwise, I'd know to the penny.  

Posted · Report post

I was damn near a Cleveland (had to look it up...) on my one trip there and that was splitting a roachy (not really) motel with my brother.  

And HC left off "bar tab" on the list of expenses.  If you meet up with Rich, Lola  and KD, expect there to be a bar tab.

In all honesty, I think my portion of the trip was in the $800 range.  Airfare alone was $400.  I couldn't find the spreadsheet that Matt used to clarify split expenses.  Otherwise, I'd know to the penny.  

Shhh! We don't talk about bar tabs.  :knuppel2:  We prefer to call it research. The only way to get Mr. Kirbydox to travel with us is to find good beer and baseball since he isn't into caching. You and Matt didn't even hit as many microbreweries as Rich & Lola and I did.

That was a fun trip. I like Block Party even more than Geowoodstock! 

Posted · Report post

Shhh! We don't talk about bar tabs.  :knuppel2:  We prefer to call it research. The only way to get Mr. Kirbydox to travel with us is to find good beer and baseball since he isn't into caching. You and Matt didn't even hit as many microbreweries as Rich & Lola and I did.

That was a fun trip. I like Block Party even more than Geowoodstock! 

Pssshaw!  Ain't no way we are keeping up with you guys.  In caching or bar tabs, er, "research".  But a planner needs to know (although, I've long since forgotten who was planning what here...)

No doubt Seattle wins over any place GW goes.  Ain't never been to GW, but I agree with your assessment, er, "research".

Dang, you do do a lot of "research".

Posted · Report post

I think Groundspeak should move to Portland.   Now that's a trip I would research!

Posted · Report post

I finally saved enough and just a few hours ago booked my trip. Airfare,hotel and rent car $928.00. Also going to the film festival and the ape event that weekend. :cheers:

Posted · Report post

When is this Block Party supposed to happen? I'll put it on our calendar if I can get a where/when.