Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Snake encounters of the scary type

89 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Diamond backed water snake in the first photo. I've seen this snake in the San Jacinto river.

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

the only snake i care for is a dead snake.  even then... i really have to stop reading this thread.

Posted · Report post

Snakes are like money, they enhance some people's lives and ruin others.  I learned to identify the venomous ones and ignore the others, but that is just me.  Peace!

Posted · Report post

I've seen about that same number.  I can almost remember where I saw each one.

Besides me stepping on one, Kathy stepped on one about a year before I did.  Needless to say, I had to go get that cache by myself.

I've seen 7 coral snakes since I started caching. I've never been able to get a good picture - they are so fast and shy. The largest was the one that slithered over Mr. Muddy Buddies boot when we were doing the Big Smile. Fendmar and I saw one on the asphalt trail in Meyer Park - not even in the woods!  The most recent one was when Lola and I saw one on the trail in Memorial Park when hunting  the new letterbox. I guess I'm just lucky,  :startled:

Posted · Report post

Alright you herpetology experts, what kind of snake is this?

6b62fe1e-c367-4d65-9f86-b260139bb7f3.jpg

Camillabacher came across it while going for Houston's First and asked in her log if anyone could ID it.  Doesn't appear to be poisonous venomous.