Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Giant Bike Trail coming?

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

JMCz is in for 50 (how cool is that)

O0 That should be fun.  Some sort of evil hide at the base of each tower in his section.  mtp

:2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Put me down for 50 in west Houston area (Cypress/Katy)

Posted (edited) · Report post

HOUSTON – The city of Houston announced on Wednesday it is adding 150 miles of bike trails. Houston already has 300 miles of bike and hike trails.

Many of the new trails will run along the bayous and some will be dedicated to bikes only while some trails will share the road with traffic.

The new trails will cost $200 million. Half of the bill will be paid for by private donations.  Completion date is 2020.

Note:  Below this article is this - Jogger robbed, attacked by iPhone thieves alongside Brays Bayou  which brings up the fact that all of us need to always be aware of our surrounding when out and about.

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

I guess thieves haven't yet figured out that most smart phones have GPS tracking capability.  Morons...

Posted · Report post

I was on my guard and aware of my dicey surroundings this evening... going after an FTF on a BaytownBert cache, of course!  And, yeah, I had my "big stick substitute" in my pocket at the time.

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

If something feels wrong, it is wrong.  Trust your instincts and advanced observation skills every time.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If something feels wrong, it is wrong.  Trust your instincts and advanced observation skills every time.

And shoot anything that moves... especially if it's a manly looking wigged woman with messed up teeth. :laugh:

Edited by TexasWriter
georeyna and Baytown Bert like this

Posted · Report post

And that is why I don't put any caches in the third ward.  I just don't want to put my fellow cachers  in harms way.

I had wanted to put caches along the rail to trail path called Columbia Tap that goes from downtown thru the third ward to So. MacGregor Way near Almeda Road.  It just wasn't a good area to have a power trail there.

I'm still would like to put some caches along Buffalo Bayou thru the East End on that jogging path.  Not quite as bad as third ward but still not safe for fellow cachers.

There are many other places for interesting caches.

Baytown Bert likes this