Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spotted this on EBay

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Meh. My 2 cents matches my bid. Is this one way Groundspeak spends our dues?

Posted · Report post

Seems no different from any other coin on ebay.  It's apparently not special enough to him to keep or launch so it's offsetting his trip expenses.  I don't see any issue with it.

Posted · Report post

I agree I know some people have issues.  Just thought it was funny.  To me no different than getting a gift and re-selling or re-gifting

Posted · Report post

I agree I know some people have issues.  Just thought it was funny.  To me no different than getting a gift and re-selling or re-gifting

I recently traded a whole ammo box full of pennies that I got from the swamp for a bag full of cedar shavings for our guinea pig's cage. ;>) 

Posted · Report post

Meh. My 2 cents matches my bid. Is this one way Groundspeak spends our dues?

Part of your dues go to marketing and promotions.  Handing out free stuff is part of marketing and promotions.  Actually it is pretty cheap for them compared to the rest of us.  They don't have to pay for the trackable numbers.

Eagle

Posted · Report post

They don't have to pay for the trackable numbers.

Eagle

Why does anyone have to pay for that?

Posted · Report post

GC.com charges for the trackable numbers. One of the ways they make a profit. Eagle

Posted · Report post

Someone told me this weekend that they saw one of my pathtags for sale on Ebay -- and that it went for like $6!

You got my curiosity up so I checked eBay for pathtags.   Saw a Muddy Buddies Happy tag and a georeynozos geo-kiddos tag for sale.

Posted · Report post

Hmmm. Maybe I'm starting to get this path tag thing after all. :)

Posted · Report post

Watched one of our ATMA, ATMAtags sell a few weeks ago. Couldn't believe it sold for just under $24.

TexasWriter likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Watched one of our ATMA, ATMAtags sell a few weeks ago. Couldn't believe it sold for just under $24.

WOW... might have to start listing some pathtags or some unactivated Pepper geocoins.

Edited by ohl hockey guy

Posted · Report post

I guess I will.  :)

WOW... might have to start listing some pathtags or some unactivated Pepper geocoins.

Posted · Report post

I've seen untrackable Pepper coins go for upwards of $100 on ebay.  Lets see... I believe I have a few of those around here somewhere!

Posted · Report post

Dang Elisa should put those on her self,  Make some extra money

I recently traded a whole ammo box full of pennies that I got from the swamp for a bag full of cedar shavings for our guinea pig's cage. ;>

That was actual cash for your information.

Posted · Report post

Dang Elisa should put those on her self,  Make some extra money

I recently traded a whole ammo box full of pennies that I got from the swamp for a bag full of cedar shavings for our guinea pig's cage. ;>

That was actual cash for your information.

And those were actual guniea pig "pellets" that needed a place to land....for your information. Lol

Posted · Report post

Our Pathtag only went for $2.99?   I feel cheap!