Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
northern girl

Caching on business trip in Houston

54 posts in this topic

northern girl, I guess you're about to get on a plane and head this way?  It was 97°F today (36°C) with high humidity.  We had 9 people go to first-aid at work today due to getting overheated, so be safe out there!

After working in the heat all day in Nomex, I walked a mile in the open sun looking for three geocaches "some tall guy" hid and even tried to *brute force the final two unsuccessfully. I was still in Nomex and was soaked to my socks when I got back to the Jeep with 3 smilies. GLB83JC9 * Was spotted by Nebulous703 it appears.

Edited by Baytown Bert
KeyResults likes this

Sorry guys, I didn't manage to create an event. GC.com just doesn't work with an internet connection of 5kb/s (think something like a construction site in the middle of nowhere here) :tickedoff:

Anyway, the weather: it's quite nice actually! and not as humid as I thought it would be. Went for a nice little hike in George Bush Park on Saturday early morning. Took lots of water with me, food, sun protection, other stuff. Saw a few animals, picked up some 13 caches.

I guess that's all caching activity for the rest of the stay. Was difficult enough to get a taxi that brought me back to my hotel. But I got Texas coloured in on my geocaching stats :)

ohl hockey guy likes this

Good for you northern girl!!  Too bad there wasn't a change to get to meet some Houston folks!!