Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

General opinion on new container/"find" etiquette

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I did the same thing as Mr. Muddy Buddie on one of my caches in Dayton.  I figured I'd just leave it that way and double people's odds at getting a smiley.  Plus, if one were to be muggled, I already have a backup on scene!

I found that one/two when I drove out there for an FTF.

Posted · Report post

I would delete the Needs Maintenance log and you need to go into attributes and remove it there as well.

If you enter an Owner Maintenance log (regardless of what it says about the cache being there or not, will replace, still there, etc.), the Needs Maintenance attribute is automatically removed just by entering that OM log.

Posted · Report post

Well..that explains some things for me....I've had a couple of hides on my watchlist (after looking high and low for them) and someone comes along and bang they found it and logged it as an easy find.....now I'm in the know!!!!!  

Posted · Report post

Well..that explains some things for me....I've had a couple of hides on my watchlist (after looking high and low for them) and someone comes along and bang they found it and logged it as an easy find.....now I'm in the know!!!!!  

Just because the next person found it easily doesn't necessarily mean the container was replaced. It could be due to experience, just the right angle, perfect weather conditions....

Posted · Report post

Sometimes I go full ret@rd and can't find my own shadow and the next person with 6 finds, has no trouble locating the cache.

Posted · Report post

Let me clear up my earlier entry...I only say that in the case where several cachers (ones I consider experienced not ones with low finds) have not found the hide and after i have gone back more than once to look for it...and then someone finds the hide and post how easy it was and how it was exactly where it should......there are some days I can't find hides and then go back and it was right in front of me and I won't be defeated when I see that the hide is being found.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Just to let everyone know, I finally made it back out today and removed the "throw down" cache, and I upped the difficulty.  It is now a 2.5 D, 4 T cache.

We didn't delete anybodies find.  A couple of cachers changed their smileys to frownies, and Tealcat told them to go ahead and change them back to smileys.

KeyResults likes this