Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pack 262 Wolf Den Lake Houston Wilderness Park

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My son's cub scout pack had a great camp out this weekend at this cool park.  For those of you who have never been to this one it is a great camping destination with lots of trails and wildlife.  We set out two new caches as well as adopted and repaired two others.  There is a ton of things to do at the park the only down side is there is a 3 dollar per day use fee to walk the trails.  But if you are into camping you can get a great site for only 7 dollars or rent a whole area with 8 campsites for only 40 dollars a night.  

Posted · Report post

Sounds fun! We went to Guadalupe River State Park this weekend and actually were a bit disappointed... first of all there were no more camping spots available (even for our tiny trekking-tent), but that could have been avoided if I had called ahead (but then again, this was a bit of a last-minute-trip....) and the park itself wasn't overly exciting. The walking was fine, but not nearly as beautiful as I expected.

We'll go and see about Lake Houston WP, gives me another great excuse for a camping/caching trip!