Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Speak Friend HGCS - GeoWoodstock Card Auction

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm collecting donation from the HGCS community to purchase a card in the 2013 GeoWoodstock 11 trackable card deck.

The winning bid for each card gets to provide artwork for the face of a card.  You bid on specific cards (number/suit) in an online auction here:  http://geowoodstock.com/gws11/card_auction.php

This is a fun thing they have done for the last few years.  The proceeds go to the host organization and would be a nice way to bring awareness to such a cool site.

I'll kick in $25 to get things started.

If anyone is interested, please PM me with what you would like to contribute.

With a winning bid, we also win a deck of cards that I would like to give to TFP in thanks for all he does to keep this community site up and running.

Posted · Report post

Based on past, what is anticipated amount needed to win?

Posted · Report post

I'm not really sure.  I found a post that in 2011, a pair of jokers went for $180... or 90 each.  To be honest, that seems low for jokers.  Jason's great and all, but I was thinking more like an 8.  or maybe a 5.   :angel:

Most are currently running between $20 and $60.

Posted · Report post

I'm not really sure.  I found a post that in 2011, a pair of jokers went for $180... or 90 each.  To be honest, that seems low for jokers.  Jason's great and all, but I was thinking more like an 8.  or maybe a 5.   :angel:

Most are currently running between $20 and $60.

Its  better than a number 2!  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Thx. Had no clue. I think we can handle a lil sumpin for da cauz ;) Though I wonder if he'd rather have a six-pack and some donuts. :) Myself, I'm a ripple or MD 20 20 man, with a corn dog chaser. TMI? :D

Posted · Report post

OK, I will give up a six pack of Shiner Boch Family reunion to help in the cause.  I will pitch in some dough.  Do you accept paypal?

Posted · Report post

Great news!  We won the 9 of clubs for $52.  I figured we'd just split it up between all that participated.  I will send out a note TOMORROW to you all with how much and who the other contributors are.    As of right now, it's 5 contributors at $10.40 each.

If you still want in, please let me know. 

Posted · Report post

I know keyresults sent you a PM about us contributing...