Sign in to follow this  
UsMorrows

Our version of a "SUMMER CELEBRATION"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TISA!!! :angel:

Sorry about that folks.....The event is Saturday, September 24th. :-[

A lot of us remember Babslover's "Summer Celebration" event. I won't EVEN try to duplicate that event because it just can't be done. It was just too AWESOME.

This event is a SURPRISE birthday party for Tisa and a weekend of just doing FUN caching things on and near Lake Sam Rayburn. There will be the obvious caching activities and Saturday you never know what will pop out of a cake. Most of us know WHO, but what will he be dressed in this time. >:D

We will be going up on Friday morning with the GeoPit in tow. There will be brisket, chicken and sausage to eat on Saturday.

This event is still under construction so Please check back often.

Make a weekend of it and plan to camp out or the cabins here are really nice and very reasonable. We will be staying in one of the cabins(without dogs).

PLEASE keep this a secret so Tisa doesn't find out. I know that Eric is dying to tell her because she thinks he can't plan anything for her birthday on his own. Well.....all I can say is....She really doesn't know SETX. Let's go and have something kind of like "SUMMER CELEBRATION".

Am I missing somewhere when this event is? 

Shruggs....I haven't seen it either....I'll check back. :-\

For those of you that weren't seeing the event on GC.com because it was coming up more than 100 mi. away, the GC number is GCQ67C.  I have a Sat. morning commitment up around Conroe, so we'll see if we can make it for later in the day.  I'd hate to miss out on the whole thing. 

The easiest way to keep track of upcoming events is to choose the "List Newest in Texas" link on the right side of the "My Account" page on gc.com.  Since the events are in the future, they stay on the top of the list until the date arrives.  This way you can see all the events in Texas.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=44

I just got my site reserved - San and Linda at Powell Park are so nice!!!  (Thanks Frances for the info).  They are trying to keep us all close together (uh-oh, is that good thing?!?!?!!) so we can enjoy proximaty to one another......maybe it's so we can stagger a short way back to our campsites!

Give them a call - it is only 3 weeks away and they have had Geocache calls already.

Pepper and SuperGenius really want to attend this event and we are talking about now, thanks for the info.

fivesecrethunters how about a phone number that would be very helpful.

Pepper

OK here is the info on the park if y'all need it.

Rt. 1, Box 123

Highway 705

Broaddus, TX 75929

(409)584-2624

(409)584-2201 FAX

They have some pictures at powellpark.com.

OK here is the info on the park if y'all need it.

Rt. 1, Box 123

Highway 705

Broaddus, TX 75929

(409)584-2624

(409)584-2201 FAX

They have some pictures at powellpark.com.

thank you so much

Pepper

Well folks we need to decide if we are still having the event or not. If Fran isn't going to be able to make it it throws a HUGE monkey wrench into the whole thing, she was bringing the food and pit to cook with. Plus it was to celebrate her b-day also. I will leave it up to all of you, I am sure that if we wan't to continue to do the event that someone will come through on the food and other stuff. Just let me know.

September 14 by tx_secsy (142 found)

I'm awefully sad about Francis and Carolyn both....but I think everyone is right, Francis would be disappointed knowing that the event was cancelled because she isn't well. Hell, there's a log by her bed...SHE'S an event now!

The tx_secsy clan is still in for going. We'd be happy to cook that Saturday afternoon meal but we'll need food to cook, and surface to cook on. We have a grill, and were planning on bringing it. Does anyone have a grill they could bring? Perhaps everyone could bring their own amount of food. Like, everyone bring a package of hamburger/sausage/hotdog for themselves and their family and we'll just throw them on the grill. I know that TPB was planning on bringing tater salad. I'm sure if everyone brought something we'd be able to share one meal together.

There are other things like the caching activities we need to work out too....

Any thoughts to either of these? By the way, I want to thank Clueless and Clumsy for bringing this up....I've wanted to say something but wasn't sure how.

Theresa

Oops....just reread....maybe that was another event that TPB was bringing tater salad...anyway, ya'll know what I mean.

Sowwy TPB.... :-[ didn't mean to getcha hooked into something you weren't planning for. Maybe I'M loosing MY mind, cuz I coulda sworn that 5secrets was bringing the beer  ;D.

Yes he has it and YES he will use it.  I have had many nights with a pain in my side from laughing so hard because he likes using that thing around me.  You better watch out.  >:D 

I don't know what you are talking about.. I have no such device..

Yes he has it and YES he will use it.  I have had many nights with a pain in my side from laughing so hard because he likes using that thing around me.  You better watch out.   >:D 

I don't know what you are talking about.. I have no such device..

I guess you have to be there to get this????

So ANYWAY....are whats the concensus about the upcoming event. Does everyone want to do it "potluck style", or just be on their own, or bring a meat for your team and cook it all together?

What about caching type activities? I know Snoogans has the TB pit up and running.

Theresa

So ANYWAY....are whats the concensus about the upcoming event. Does everyone want to do it "potluck style", or just be on their own, or bring a meat for your team and cook it all together?

What about caching type activities? I know Snoogans has the TB pit up and running.

Theresa

I vote for potluck side dishes/desserts, bring meat for your team and cook it together (can anyone bring the geopit or do we want to use the one onsite??)

As for caching type activities, I am clueless. Not sure how to do this. I have only been to 2 events and they were both at someone's house.

I will bring a big bag of charcoal and a big thing of plates. We need to get this organized soon.

Thanks Theresa for spurring us on.

gsguru AKA Diane

It would be very difficult for us to get down to the Morrow's and get the pit. They have a grill at the pavilion, and we're bringing our grill....its gas, so we'll only need charcole for the pit at the site.

I'll bring cole slaw makins also.

I'm gettin so excited!

It would be very difficult for us to get down to the Morrow's and get the pit. They have a grill at the pavilion, and we're bringing our grill....its gas, so we'll only need charcole for the pit at the site.

I'll bring cole slaw makins also.

I'm gettin so excited!

OK, so your grill and the pit at the site. Sounds good.

I, too, am getting excited.  ;D  Should be lots of fun. I scoped out some of the area caches, gonna try to get some of those in while there.

gsguru

Sounds good TPB! Thanks! I'll get a load of papertowels.

Everyone also needs to keep an eye on Hurricane Rita! :-\