Manofsteel73

WWFM X - Discovery Green, Houston

6 posts in this topic

http://coord.info/GC45EYF

WHAT: World Wide Flash Mob Event

WHERE: Discovery Green, Downtown Houston

WHEN: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 12:00 pm - 12:15pm

WHY: To quickly meet fellow geocachers, swap some stories, trade TBs/geocoins, and have some fun!

Event Schedule

11:50 -11:59 AM - Arrive near, but not at GZ! Act as if you're a muggle in the area.
12:00 PM - Dash to GZ!
12:01 pm - Sign the log and enter prize drawing
12:04 pm - Serve cake
12:08 pm - Meet fellow cachers, swap some stories, and trade trackables
12:11 pm - Prize drawing
12:13 pm - Gather for group photo
12:15 pm - Dash from the area

Wish I could make it but I will be on a bike riding in the MS150 in Dallas/Ft. Worth.

1 person likes this

I don’t know where I’ll be then, but just in case I will attend, I have been planning the 12:08 portion of the event.  You said that we will have to swap some stories.  Since you weren’t specific, I figured that 6 stories would be an appropriate amount to swap.  (I hope that I haven’t underestimated.) 

The problem is, I only have 5.3 stories ready, and I feel very pressured to come up with the final .7 with only 3 months before the event.

I’m sure that I speak for everyone in the forum when I mention that you ought to change the page to say, “swap 5.3 stories,” but then I started thinking that maybe there were some underachievers out there that have only prepared 4.9 stories, and they may feel a sense of anxiety about this.

1 person likes this

Awesome  One that is close to me.  I'll be there.  

I don’t know where I’ll be then, but just in case I will attend, I have been planning the 12:08 portion of the event.  You said that we will have to swap some stories.  Since you weren’t specific, I figured that 6 stories would be an appropriate amount to swap.  (I hope that I haven’t underestimated.) 

The problem is, I only have 5.3 stories ready, and I feel very pressured to come up with the final .7 with only 3 months before the event.

I’m sure that I speak for everyone in the forum when I mention that you ought to change the page to say, “swap 5.3 stories,” but then I started thinking that maybe there were some underachievers out there that have only prepared 4.9 stories, and they may feel a sense of anxiety about this.

Okay, 5.3 stories it is.

Okay, 5.3 stories it is.

Whew! I feel a lot better now.