cachestacker

2013 Armand Bayou CITO Spring Cleaning Sunday - 4/21/13

63 posts in this topic

when do you plan to archive the series?   Maybe take on down every couple of weeks so we can plan to get out and work missing ones before they go away?    Publishing a calendar would be very helpful!!!

1 person likes this

Having a calendar would be nice.  If I knew when the wind would cooperate.... The constant north wind kept the bayou exceptionally low -- often times when I was at FunSize's softball practice you could see 150'+ of mud past the bottom of the boat launch ramp before you got to any water.  That kind of low.  So doing anything was pretty much a nonstarter.  Having TIME would also be helpful.  My intent was to do it before the event. The times I had planned to do it and had the time the water was way too low.  Times it was great is when life intervenes.  The fun things that keep you from caching.  Work.  Kids.  Softball.  Scouts.  Things that have to get done at home.

Lately things have been good.  So hopefully we can plan again.  That said:

All CLAPS series will be there for the paddle event next Sunday.  BUT, I'd expect III to disappear, oh, I'd say, immediately thereafter.  And II shortly after that.  We will focus on the area from CLAPS A north first.  Then work south, through the rest of the series, alphabet series, and IV.  That will come later.  It's enough doing the first re-do.

I'll keep people generally posted, but cannot promise any timeframe.  Those 'life' things.  And can't promise when they'll publish, as PR does not like series.  Last time I tried to do that it took 2 weeks to do AFTER I emailed him coords a week before submission.  So no telling on this....  But just know, it's in the works.  Set your notifications to cover the lake.

NOOOO!!!!    We haven't finished the first time around entire series yet!!!!!     :disappoint:        ;)

Edited by 2katz

I need to confirm with my kayak buddy, which area we need to cover.  Can't wait!

Kevin, maybe you could make the cleaning effort an event also?

Bert -- The cleaning up of existing caches in certain areas?  (i.e, CLAPS III to start)?   If that, the cleaning effort is inadvertently maybe possibly part of the CITO.  The rest is kinda a top secret mission as redeployment may coexist with cleanup in other sections.  Something like that.

In other words -- if you want them, go get them sooner rather than later.  DOUBLE CHECK ONLINE BEFORE YOU GO.  I'll disable a series immediately before it's gone -- and will plan to do so at least the evening before.  That way if you check LATE the night before you'll know if your future plans are good or not.

1 person likes this

Your energy level and enthusiasm exhausts me just reading this.  :laugh:

Kevin- Let me know if you need help shuffling people - I can be there Sunday morning.

Kevin- Let me know if you need help shuffling people - I can be there Sunday morning.

Yes.  Most definitely!

I have yet to do CLAPS II, so that will be a priority.  So for CLAPS II, put in is at Bay Area Park and Pull out is at Bay area Park?

Or put-in is at Big Island Slough and circle back.

Or put-in is at Big Island Slough and circle back.

So I would leave my kayak at Big Island Slough, then leave my car at Bay Area Park and then catch a ride to Big Island Slough?  

There is parking at Big Island Slough.  See WP on CLAPS II #1 page.  Park on North side (there is parking on both, but the North has the boat launch, the south the fishing dock).

I talked to Pinky@10:30a.m and he has only heard from me regarding kayaks for the CITO.  If you need a kayak, please call him.  He will be bringing 2 kayaks to *let in* at Bay Area Park

Hope everyone is ready for a great paddle -- and last opportunity to get CLAPS III.

Those of you doing CLAPS IV -- it's back in order and ready for finders.

If it's even half as nice as today, it's going to be fantastic.

Don't forget hat, water, sunblock, and lots of water.

See you in the morning to send you guys off.

I have my Yak hooked up and ready to go.  I plan to be there at 0800.  Horsepen Bayou here I come!

Edited by Baytown Bert

Bittybit may be wanting to go your way, Bert.  She still needs IV.

1 person likes this

A better day could not be had for paddling.  Hope some of you land lubbers come out on the water next time!

b5784ca3-d878-4295-b27d-69b97512f934.jpg

1 person likes this

LOTS OF GATORS SPOTTED TODAY.

0f36437f-03e3-49df-af1a-c93bb8be3cbc.jpg

722ae198-80a8-4fdf-9e6c-cf4b9a1cee05.jpg

NOT A GATOR!

e4a7ad96-b0c2-4dbf-a685-b761cd3b710f.jpg

ANOTHER GATOR!

875552e9-9a8a-47a5-8166-620bdb52d27f.jpg

b758af62-b810-460f-95ce-4a2f14e63c4f.jpg

THEN WE FOLLOWED THIS ONE FOR A BIT...

1723d3b5-9d8c-4d9c-9a1a-b54b90fd47d6.jpg

DON'T FORGET TO LOOK OVER HEAD...

ecdd2942-68c0-4b21-8f47-25e1c0d98843.jpg

cc9dc74b-b713-4c71-8999-a32446c604b0.jpg9b954ad9-811f-4176-9bca-68dc1a83a0fb.jpg

1 person likes this

Wow!  Those are some good photos!  All I saw was Nov64's wake!

Wow!  Those are some good photos!  All I saw was Nov64's wake!

Great pics  .... BB and I saw 4 gators bunch of turtles and as I was about to pick up a bottle about 2 feet away was a snake, so I left the bottle.  Had a shrimp looking think jump in my yak.

After BB left me at the park and I went on to get CLAPS II I saw 2 more gators.

BB was a gentleman,  he didn't fart once :crazy2:

Edited by Nov64

I wanted to, but I have a rep I need to keep.

Had a a blast today.  Raven and I saw about 8 gators.  It was awesome and my most faved CLAPS CITO.  We saw a few gators near CLAPS II.  Raven was trying to get a pic until that huge gator decided to come into the water and see what Raven was doing close up.  We then headed to CLAPS 4 and strated grabbing caches.  We saw some pretty big gators, onc (small gator) close to a cache, about 50 feet away, just staring at us.

All I can say is I loved every *aching, sunburned* bit of it!

Thanks Kevin!!