What would MacGyver do?

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Lola and I were caching today and had trouble with an unnamed cache in Baytown. We are somewhat vertically challenged and Houston Control was nowhere to be found so we used our MacGyver skills to find the cache.

Cardboard, rubber band, compact and rare earth magnets I just picked up on Saturday because someone (Houston Control)   wanted to go shopping in the middle of caching in Clear Lake/Webster. I guess it's time to put some tools back in my caching bag! I actually own one of those extension rod thingies with the mirror attached but darned if I know where it is!  We found the cache but couldn't stop laughing.  :2funny:   It took team work to retrieve the cache too.  ;D

Agua1_zps5bab7ba3.jpg

2013-01-28_12-35-01_887_zps5fd02ec1.jpg

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

For future alternative, you could put phone up in camera mode and look at screen (front face). If you need light then put phone cam in video mode w light on. Scan the target. Then watch to see if anything interesting. This is also handy for inspecting high dark places like down tall pipes or tree hollows etc. ;)

Posted · Report post

Hmmmm, last time I was in that area it cost me $1.27.  At least that's how much I gave the panhandler that hit me up.  With Lola along, I'm surprised you weren't inundated with homeless types!

I use the phone camera thing quite a bit, KR.

Posted · Report post

I can think of a few good quotes here:

"What ever gets the job done"

"Improvise, adapt, and overcome!"

"Be Prepared"

Good job.

Posted (edited) · Report post

When I can, I drive my Jeep up to it and stand on the bumper.  Well, the truth is, when I can, I drive up to the cache period.  :0  Speaking of that, can I do the 4 cache loop in my Jeep?  JK

Edited by Baytown Bert