Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Baytown Thefts

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

It boggles my mind that people still leave all that stuff consolidated in a container (backpack) designed to be carried away -- either by the owner brought inside easily enough or by a crook -- and choose not to take it with them.  Then act surprised nobody saw their truck being broken into.  Of course, they didn't either...

So, any of you Baytown folks have any cheap laptops available?  :2funny:

Edited by cachestacker

Posted · Report post

If its happening in Baytown, its happening everywhere.  Baytown has I-10, Spur 330, Hwy 225, and SH-146 as fast escape routes, so we get a lot of transient crooks passing through and that is backed up by facts.

Posted · Report post

There's a Fitness Connection in that shopping center.  No doubt the thieves figure folks are inside working out and won't be back for a while.  The parking lot is also routinely jammed with cars with hardly an empty space, which makes it easy to conceal their actions.

They caught some crooks in our neighborhood recently breaking into a house.  They were from Houston.  When my wife taught full-time, they had to put security gates at the entrance/exit to the school parking lot, which was 200 feet from an I-10 westbound entrance ramp.  Crooks would steal cars in the parking lot and be on I-10 towards Houston in 30 seconds.

Posted · Report post

I sure miss the days when we could just leave doors unlocked, your banana seat Schwin bike in the yard, and your canoe propped up against a tree at the local fishin' hole where your truck was parked with windows down and keys in the ignition. Yep, those days when gas fumes smelled as good as fresh mimeographed handouts and boys settled things with fists instead of knives and guns. Sigh.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

mimeograph -- now there's a word I haven't heard in a very long time.  I should put it on the board at work and see how many people know what it is.

Posted (edited) · Report post

35, he wishes!!!       :stirpot:

Edited by 2katz