New Series in Clear Lake

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

OHL Hockey Guy and I solved them and finished the series today. Neat the way the Shuttle art appears on top of NASA JSC property. Fun solves!

Posted · Report post

I added hints to Space Objects and Race to the Moon on the cache pages. Ping me if you get stuck on something.

Posted · Report post

This is such a cool series and am very impressed with the image and all the different styles of puzzles. Loved #6 and #18, had a very hard time with #5 and #8. We are looking forward to going out with Benttandem to grab these. I also learned a new technique for searching on google.

As I looked at the final place of the caches on google earth, I was impressed with the placement of all the 32 puzzles. I can't imagine the amount of planning in just that part of the series, not only with the creation of the puzzle segment of the series.

Thanks and congrats to Donna and Kevin for a succesful series!!

cachestacker likes this

Posted · Report post

Great series, Donna, you and Kevin knocked it out of the park.

Good mix of hard and easy puzzles, medium and short hides, and very cool geo-art.

Very well done!

cachestacker likes this

Posted · Report post

So when are you two going to do some artwork on the Ellington hole in the map? >:D

I am sure as long as the puzzles are at these levels we would all have fun getting them.

Posted (edited) · Report post

One thing I keep seeing is that there are many people who do not know what the 'related webpage' is.  I think they think that this means there is a link in the text of the cache description and simply overlook it.

The screen-shot below shows where the related wepbage is. 

Not every one of the STS caches has a related webpage, but nearly all do.  While some may contain everything you need to solve the puzzle not every one will.  But it will get you started with most of what you need. 

Hopefully this may help some of you.  And it gives me a place to direct others to for a visual example.

post-840-0-46948900-1360091168_thumb.jpg

Edited by cachestacker
Baytown Bert likes this