Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Texas A&M Health Study

151 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Nothing here yet but the pedometer is still working.

Posted · Report post

No survey yet, but I walk 15800 steps today.  All caching related.

I had 15 finds, 0 DNF's and went by 2 of my caches for maintenance runs.

Today was a good day!   :peace:

Posted · Report post

No survey for me either, but I walked 26555 steps today... for 8 smileys and one cache maintenance.  I got to revisit a cache I'd found before called the Four Cache Loop though!

KeyResults and ATMA like this

Posted · Report post

10 smiley's for me and KeyResults today, 12+ miles and closer to 27,000 steps for me (shorter legs than HC!).

KeyResults likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Survey came in.

Can't get to it from work.  Firewall.  :P

Edited by cachestacker

Posted · Report post

Got the survey and logged month 1.

Posted · Report post

Got mine today as well.  Will be adding more information to my notes based on this month's questions. 

Posted · Report post

Mine came too!!!  Wouldn't have looked if not for y'all letting me know you received yours.  Thanks!

Posted · Report post

I didn't know I was going to be asked "how many minutes you stayed at each location?"  

Posted · Report post

I didn't know I was going to be asked "how many minutes you stayed at each location?"  

Yeah, I just took that to mean how long I geocached each day.  Most of my answers were like "480 minutes"...

Posted · Report post

I won't have an answer for that.  I wish they had sent the survey to start so we'd know what it would take to complete it.  I just kept track of total steps for the day.  When I asked for some clarification, that's what I was told they wanted.

Posted · Report post

i finally got mine yesterday and filled it out.  like the others... wasn't expecting to be asked about minutes spent caching, or even how often i did anything else or ages of people with me.  making more notes on my caches.

Posted · Report post

So if I follow the suggestion of HC, I should have put:

Found 1 cache in 480 minutes.  Took 100 steps.  

Posted · Report post

So according to all of the emails and surveys I keep receiving they say after completing 6 surveys we get a trackable. Well last night I completed my 6th survey but no word about a free trackable. All the email and end of the survey just stated was again... "after you complete 6 surveys you will receive a trackable."

Anyone have any updates?

Posted · Report post

Give them a chance to get them in for this round.  They request completion for July's survey by 8/15. 

Posted · Report post

they've been slow to come around and figure it all out.  i was shocked to see more options, such as kayaking, biking, car, etc. for the ways you could geocache this time.  AND they had more selections on how many times you went geocaching for the month. 

Posted · Report post

I look at this first round of surveys to be nothing more to them, in the end, than a pile of data that will let them learn the questions they wish they knew to ask about in the first place.

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

Yea I have noticed they are slow at things and they don't seem like the smartest of the bunch. But they are from A&M so that explains it.... :-!

heftydude likes this

Posted · Report post

GEAR just tweeted me about the coin situation.. "@dangerkitties It will probably be about a month turnaround, once we have completed surveys from everyone."

green-eyed likes this