Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CacheRoute GSAK MACRO

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

It has been a while since I used this macro. I was just checking and love the new version that is out using an updated algorithm and a new API.

I had just completed a query in GSAK of the top Favorites within 5 miles of home and then ran this macro to see what the resulting route would look like.

Take a look at the attached image

post-1524-0-82652300-1357442423_thumb.jp

Edited by cajunabear

Posted · Report post

Dang I need to learn how to do that!

If you use GSAK (and I'm assuming that you do) just add this macro: http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=21263&st=0&#entry154786

It used to be limited to 23 caches, but apparently that's increased a bit. It will also provide a text description of the route in addition to the graphic.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Gary! I learn something new on here all the time.

Posted · Report post

I was teaching a regular class on GSAK in the New Orleans and South Mississippi Areas. There is ALWAYS something to learn with this program as it is so robust. Every time I hosted a training session there was always a great trade of information as we all learn from the experiences in the game. Macro's are always being added, some like this really do the most incredible things. I recently discovered one that provides the elevation for each geocache and use this to find the lowest and highest finds of a geocacher to make their Milestones and Extremes Maps.

I missed the last class that KeyResults hosted, but will NOT the next time.