Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cost of Ammo Cans

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What do the 7.62 sell for these days?

Posted · Report post

Just make sure to put a big sticker on the outside saying it's a geocache or it looks like a bomb to some folks and anchoring it with a cable or chain, as muggles tend to run off with them.

Posted · Report post

Wish I had bought more from Moosiegirl when she was selling them for $2 each...

Posted · Report post

Wish I had bought more from Moosiegirl when she was selling them for $2 each...

What? $2 each? I had to pay $3 each...... not fair! :blackeye:

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I got the *special* discount!

OK, they probably were $3 each -- I've slept since then. Still a good deal!

Posted · Report post

I think it depended on the size of the can. Some were $2 and some were $3 and there was no tax and she delivered them to Houston.

Posted · Report post

Heck, I wish I had bought more from MOS when he was selling them for $7 each!

Posted · Report post

You forgot about the 10% buyer's premium.  But that's still under $2.73 plus s/h   ;)

Ok.  Somehow, mentally, under the influence of some Advil Cold & Sinus, I could rationalize that 2520 ammo cans were not that many.  Thinking they could take over a garage, Rich & Lola's car (seems to have infinite storage space for KX, anyway) and such.  Until I saw that that constituted 40 pallets.  40 pallets!  Each pallet being about 48" x 40" x 42".  Good, Lord.  Rich & Lola's car is out now.  As is my garage and most people I know.  But man, what a deal.

Perhaps HC is hinting that when he moves over to the HCWinery area that he'll have space for this kind of thing and will give us great prices on ammo cans while supplementing his retirement income.  Seems win-win to me.

64379555_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg      64379550_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

I know they are on shown open, but if you closed 'em all up and threw a tarp over them, why would you need to keep them inside?  Sure, closing 2000+ cans would take some time... and some friends.  I'm thinking  a "C3 Event"   (Cachestacker Can Closing)

Posted · Report post

Not to mention shipping them from Texarkana to Fredericksburg wherever.  Yeah, I could see some part-time income opportunity here.

Of course, if I sold 10 to every geocacher I know, I'd still have 1560 left over!

Posted · Report post

I know they are on shown open, but if you closed 'em all up and threw a tarp over them, why would you need to keep them inside?  Sure, closing 2000+ cans would take some time... and some friends.  I'm thinking  a "C3 Event"   (Cachestacker Can Closing)

HC3 Event.

Posted · Report post

Had a friend a while back with a 50 trailer said he would go to the dallas one and back to bmt for 400.  I thought about it. But like you HC where would I store them??