Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Years Resolutions Caching Style

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

2014 Caching Goals:

To be more active in the Geocaching community by attending a Geocaching event at least once every other month.

To reduce my date grid zeros by half by caching on at least 60 new calendar dates.

To get within 200 of that elusive 1,000 found by increasing my "Found Its" from 681 to 800 or more.  (I've been at this entirely too long not to have a comma in my total found at this point.)

To meet as many new cachers and get re-aquainted with as many "old-timers" as possible!

-- wowieann

Posted · Report post

In addition to what Mr. Muddy Buddy listed, I'd like for us to reach the platinum level (80 caches) for the Texas State Park Geocache Challenge.   We are currently at 72, so with a little travelling, it should be pretty doable to get 8 more.  We've really enjoyed visiting many different state parks this year. 

georeyna likes this

Posted · Report post

I wonder how much longer the Texas State Parks Geocache Challenge will go on?  It IS the 2013 challenge after all...

I'm about halfway done filling in my 2nd passport, so I'm a bit behind Muddy Buddies. :laugh:

Posted · Report post

I got 8 State park caches and fell from grace again.

Posted · Report post

Goal

Continue the State Parks Adventure:  I am on my 4th Passport

Go to Geowoodstock

Go to Block Party, even if only for the day. (Somehow my ex always ends up with the kids on Block Party weekend..not messing it up this year)

Assist in presenting a Fantastic MEGA Geocoin Event.

Try to make it to 12,000 by the end of the 2014...which will be a miracle.

Grab atleast 2 more states... I know one state will be a convention I will be attending in the fall...that is if the boss lets me cache while working.  Probably only virtuals....

Get my kids to LIKE caching a little more, just above *really hate*, to 'kinda hate'

Dhaulaghiri and green-eyed like this

Posted · Report post

1. Host more CITO/events on this side of town.

2. 85 caches a month = 1020 per year.

3. Teach more geocaching 101 classes (Develop solid teaching plan)

4. Host more mash-ups.

5. Make more fun videos.

6. Put a dent in the Beaumont area caches

7. Put a dent in the North/NE side of Houston caches.

8. Archive a bunch of my caches and put out new ones.

9. Attend more events

10. Actually learn GSAK (Just saw the BFF's videos and am going to study them).

Posted · Report post

OK, after reaching my goal for 2013 (1,800 total finds), here's my Resolution for 2014:

1. Try and reach 2,500 total finds (or more)

2. Host at least 1 more event

3. Come up with more ingenious ways to hide my caches

4. Try to mash-up more

5. Have Fun, Help out & keep enjoying the wonderful HGCS!

georeyna likes this

Posted · Report post

Goals for 2014 - hide some around Spring

I fully support this goal   O0  :)

I will start taking down some of my caches, which I am sure TW will fully support!!  :crazy2:

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Okay.  Here are a few of my goals for 2014:

1.  Complete the Double Fizzy Challenge

2.  Find more benchmarks

3.  Find more Kayak caches.  We have the North part of CLAPS to do, then Cedar Bayou, and the Highlands, plus the Woodlands.

4.  Try to get the 3 remaining states that we haven't cached ... Hawaii, California, and Oregon.

I have done the highlands caches, but if you head up to the Woodlands, lmk!! ;-)

I still need the South part of the CLAPS.

Posted · Report post

I fully support this goal O0:)

I will start taking down some of my caches, which I am sure TW will fully support!! :crazy2:

Huh? Why would I want that?

Posted · Report post

I fully support this goal O0:)

I will start taking down some of my caches, which I am sure TW will fully support!! :crazy2:

Huh? Why would I want that?

New caches to be found dude!  What I take down, Sandy will put up!

Posted · Report post

OK, after reaching my goal for 2013 (1,800 total finds), here's my Resolution for 2014:

1. Try and reach 2,500 total finds (or more)

2. Host at least 1 more event

3. Come up with more ingenious ways to hide my caches

4. Try to mash-up more

5. Have Fun, Help out & keep enjoying the wonderful HGCS!

Even though the year's not done yet, it's about that time again!

Looking back at the goals I set for myself in 2014 I can conclude I've been fairly successful:

1. Reached 3,075 Finds as of 12/22/14

2. Hosted 5 Events

3. Partly successful, I did hide some more caches though, the creativity part is up to others to judge (although most people seem to be scared by even a TWO-STAGE MULTI)

4. Yup, check that one off!

5. HGCS stays interesting in a multitude of ways! I enjoy results of the tech-knowledge of some of our members (Thanks, Kenny!) almost on a daily basis!

So what were YOUR achievements / milestones in 2014 and are your resolutions for 2015?

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

Mine was simple (so I thought :) ). Get to 1000 caches by Dec 31 (111 to go). Life has gotten in the way and put my goal in jeopardy. Hopefully this weekend will present an opportunity to finish up.

Posted · Report post

My goals for 2015 will be to:

Find another 1000, but aside from that, I want to find good caches and make that a priority over just another P&G. 

I want to stage more exotic, community service, or educational events that are more than just eating at a restaurant (not that's there's anything wrong with that). 

We (SETX) adopted the Blue Heron Parkway & trails as an adopt a site project and I plan to be diligent in publishing a CITO 4 times in 2015 (March-June-Sept-December).

Teach at least two Geocaching 101 events. 

Fulfill my duties as the SETX Rep for the TXGA.

Get bulging biceps, pec, delts, and glutes so I can keep up with Kanye and Kim.

Posted · Report post

My goals for 2015 will be to:

Find another 1000, but aside from that, I want to find good caches and make that a priority over just another P&G. 

I want to stage more exotic, community service, or educational events that are more than just eating at a restaurant (not that's there's anything wrong with that). 

We (SETX) adopted the Blue Heron Parkway & trails as an adopt a site project and I plan to be diligent in publishing a CITO 4 times in 2015 (March-June-Sept-December).

Teach at least two Geocaching 101 events. 

Fulfill my duties as the SETX Rep for the TXGA.

Get bulging biceps, pec, delts, and glutes so I can keep up with Kanye and Kim.

When it comes to glutes, I think Kim is trying to keep up with you!

Baytown Bert and Dhaulaghiri like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

Okay.  Here are a few of my goals for 2014:

1.  Complete the Double Fizzy Challenge

2.  Find more benchmarks

3.  Find more Kayak caches.  We have the North part of CLAPS to do, then Cedar Bayou, and the Highlands, plus the Woodlands.

4.  Try to get the 3 remaining states that we haven't cached ... Hawaii, California, and Oregon.

Looking back on 2014 resolutions, another year of utter failure.

I think we didn't progress on #1 and #2.  

We did find the Woodlands kayak caches for #3 (and then they published more), and We knocked off Hawaii from our list.

For 2015, I am setting more reasonable goals.

1.  Find a cache each month.

2.  Visit more of Texas State parks and collect the pathtags.

3.  Fill in dates needed for the Blackout Calendar Double Digits Challenge (10 per calendar date) 

[we have 17 dates left for the challenge. including Feb 29th]

Edited by Mr Muddy Buddy

Posted · Report post

Well, I made little progress on my goals 1-4, but we did accomplish #5 (finding Potters Pond cache in Utah, as well as 9 other oldies in the western states and TX).  My goal #4 was for SETX to win the golden ammo can at the Challenge, but I think getting the silver was okay in my book.  

My goal for this coming year is to reach 4000 finds, and to clear out some more of my closest unfound caches.  We're down to EIGHT pages of caches within 3 miles of our house, which means we found two pages worth since the beginning of the year, but still have a ways to go!

Posted · Report post

I have 7 within 10 miles.  Everything after that is further away.

Posted · Report post

I didn't set out with formal goals for the year, and truth be told, this is the first year I've not found more than the year before (and the year before that).  Disappointing.

But I have made good progress on Jasmer and have started making it a point to try to get the oldest cache in a state/territory/country.  In 2014, I found the oldest active cache in Washington State, Washington DC, New Hampshire, and Hong Kong.  I also realized I had already found the oldest in Macau.

For next year... modest:

1.  Hit 2,000 caches

2.  Find more Oldest, Active

3.  Close out my caching calendar (just one left)

4.  Get a find in at least one more US State (only 7 left to get)

5.  Use GSAK and GDAK more effeciently

Posted · Report post

My goals for 2014 are to clear out more of my "perimeter" -- I still have 49 unfound caches within 10 miles of my home coordinates

Make a dent in the GBP caches while the weather is cool.

Maybe not in 2014 but I really want to get the last cache needed for the Jasmer Challenge.

I'll have to say I made no progress on my 2014 goals.  I now have 119 unfound caches within 10 miles of my home coordinates.  I don't think I found ANY caches in GBP, and I certainly didn't get the last cache needed for the Jasmer Challenge.  However, I had a good excuse, as work seriously got in the way of any geocaching.  This year, work shouldn't be an issue, but this pinched nerve in my back/lumbar may be... :disappoint:

Posted · Report post

I've decided to have smaller, more easily reachable goals this year. As to Geocaching:

1. Find a cache.

Seriously, well sort of, still not looking to over achieve:

1. Fill out the calendar of caches placed in 2000.

2. Find all of the caches in Lick Creek park (only 4 to go...one I know is gone, they need to archive it)

3. I had this great idea for a multi-step cache that involved using laser pointers on holders solidly attached to the ground or trees or such. Get that done.

Baytown Bert and 2katz like this

Posted · Report post

I'm up to 341 caches within 10 miles and FamilieRyan is about to put out some more.  

I've given up on keeping it clean.

Posted · Report post

My 7 within 10 miles is beginning to tell a story...  :cheers:

GASTX likes this

Posted · Report post

My 7 within 10 miles is beginning to tell a story... :cheers:

Yeah, you're going to have to start caching in Channelview.

Baytown Bert and Dhaulaghiri like this