Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

D Force

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have noticed that a cacher named D Force seems to log all the trackables, but he lives out west. He has logged over 25,000 trackables, but I don't see any record of him being in Texas. Does anybody know him? Personally, I am a little creeped out. He records as having discovered all the TB's & geocoins, but I wonder how he gets the numbers.

What do you think?

:what???: :what???: :what???:

Posted · Report post

What are the logs like? It would not beard to load a list of random letters into a GSAK macro and let it figure out which ones exist. Not saying he is, saying somebody could.

Philip

Posted · Report post

There are enough typed up lists going around of people's trackables that it's not hard to imagine how this happens.

Posted · Report post

I have to think it's as Mrs. MB said. Google pics will also yield a ton of numbers.

Here is one on a coin in my collection. Never been circulated. Wasn't even activated till I got back to Texas, and only people who have seen it have logged it. Except him.

"Catching up on some late discoveries. Saw this trackable while either finding a geocache, visiting the owner, or attending an event. Thanks for the discovery. D Force Tucson, AZ"

Here is the link: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3793060

He has also hit most of the ones I brought to or from NV. I know he has it others of mine. Same logs on all, or very simiar.

Posted · Report post

The same thing has happened to me as well, how this person acquires the numbers is beyond scary.

Posted · Report post

The same thing has happened to me as well, how this person acquires the numbers is beyond scary.

It's not scary. I know exactly what is happening. Someone is just sharing a large TB list. To be honest who cares. Discoveries are no big deal at all. As long as someone does not grab the TB's then its nothing to sweat about.

Posted · Report post

He logged my name tag. I have not met him so I deleted his log.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I got a bunch of his discoveries on some of my trackables. I have a list of the ones in my collection that I share at events, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a copy floating around the interwebs. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I figure he HAS to use a GSAK macro or some such aid to log all those discoveries, or else he'd spend all his time sitting at a computer!

Posted · Report post

I guess my big fear was that he may have hacked into some personal area of mine or someone elses. I would not mind since many of us share lists at events and such. Meeting him would smooth my feathers...

Posted · Report post

I looked through my TB's and he supposedly discovered about a third of them. some have been missing for two years. I wholesale deleted his logs and will continue to do so henceforth forever. :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know him. He is a DGS member.

What is DGS?

Dirtbag Geocaching Society Not a fan...

Seems like he's trying to become the top trackables numbers guy in the world. If it were me, I'd be afraid that all that bogus TB discovering would violate Groundspeak's Terms of Service and get my account banned. :police:

Edited by HoustonControl

Posted · Report post

How do you know that's him? He's never seen my bugs. May be like the photo that comes in the frame.... :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Yes, Sock Puppet, the picture makes a world of difference!! LOL!!

Posted · Report post

He has several pictures. I doubt he is hiding anything although he has logged 27 Mount10Bike Coins.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here's another pic.

b8927d00-9939-48ae-8b2a-984694672639.jpg

He drives a Smart Car

3fab0612-41a2-48f7-a556-705fa1e8ccd9.jpg

You can discovery him.

JPP9YV

Edited by SockPuppet

Posted · Report post

Turn about may be fair play. Discovery D Force TB

JPP9YV

This was recently discovered with the following log:

Catching up on some late discoveries. Saw this trackable while either finding a geocache, visiting the owner, or attending an event. Thanks for the discovery.

Or maybe just trolling the internet pages. Or logging TBs and GCs I never actually saw that were on a list. Discovering them when they are in other states and nowhere near me.

But who knows. Maybe I did see you on the road or at an event. Who knows? Who cares, right?

Posted · Report post

"Saw this trackable while either finding a digital geocache, visiting the Internet, checking my email for TB lists, or attending a virtual event. Thanks for the discovery."

That's my entry right there. What's more fun than people?

KeyResults likes this