Critters seen while caching

533 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Those are LPC beetles.

LOL, "Skirt Lifter Beetles" Look out Green-Eyed!!!! You know how BB is about skirt lifters

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

I have been known to find a beetle now and again.

Posted · Report post

I saw this nutria swimming in the canal near Gone Postal #3 (GC4K8BV).  It was about 2+ feet long. 

5a3a019f-f86c-4b4b-9e13-f6aab10e1481.jpg

I imported a few nutria for your viewing pleasure, Stan. The only thing out there when I placed the caches was some boring deer... :)

Posted · Report post

Yuck! I'm glad those beetles weren't there when I did that cache a couple of weeks ago.  I walked the 100 feet over to get the same cache while waiting on our order at What-a-burger and it just might have put me off of my appetite.

Posted · Report post

Bert, you sure you weren't doing one of TexasWriter and CornDoll's LPC's Bug Me Series when you found those beetles?   

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

9743479692_68d7e36314.jpg

oh.  wait.  that's my kid going after one of the T2P+ caches this morning.  he's not tall enough.

and here's an update on my flatten squirrel from sunday.  looks a little worse for wear today:

9743479528_034a20476e.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

and here's an update on my flatten squirrel from sunday.  looks a little worse for wear today:

9743479528_034a20476e.jpg

Let him cure out real good and turn him into a cache container. Natures best camo!!!

Edited by ClanStan
green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

I should have scooped him up last week when he was all intact... he's a bit more difficult for camo now.

I saw this emu today at Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh My

GC1T112  on our way back from the Lone Star Roundup Event.  The emu was just on the other side of the fence from the cache and it made the weirdest noise.  I think it was a happy noise and not a defensive noise.  I enjoyed talking to the emu and listening to him make his noise.  I was busy watching the emu and so Stan had to find the cache. 

9034f5f0-d08a-4d4f-9a11-0779d316a85b.jpg

Edited by Muddy Buddies

Posted · Report post

I saw a black widow this summer in Tennessee at a stop sign cache.  I decided that a DNF was the better part of valor.

Posted · Report post

I saw a cottonmouth about midnight last Sunday while doing the Welcome to Firethorne series (#9 http://coord.info/GC4NE9M) out in Katy. He was in my way, but I decided that an FTF was the better part of stupidity. :)

f0b18de0-01a6-4495-b3e0-7ab4d88a7a60.jpg

~windknot~ likes this

Posted · Report post

I once heard and then spotted TexasWriter while doing the CLAPS series, oh wait a minute, must clean glasses, thought the topic was characters not critters >:D

TravelingGeek likes this

Posted · Report post

I just read that article too! I REALLY wouldn't want to run into those..... they're HUGE!

I know everything is bigger in Texas, but thank god we don't have anything like this  :startled:

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

They are the next Youtube stars waiting to happen - imagine the sound of a swarm of them coming in to attack.

Do not show these pictures to any fireants or they will get ideas.

Fortunately, Texans will cope and find a way to turn the hornets into a delicacy, like crawfish.Which they're just as big as.

georeyna likes this

Posted · Report post

They are the next Youtube stars waiting to happen - imagine the sound of a swarm of them coming in to attack.

Do not show these pictures to any fireants or they will get ideas.

Fortunately, Texans will cope and find a way to turn the hornets into a delicacy, like crawfish.Which they're just as big as.

As true as that may be, I for one haven't been attacked/killed by crawfish yet  :notme:

Posted · Report post

I just read that article too! I REALLY wouldn't want to run into those..... they're HUGE!

I know everything is bigger in Texas, but thank god we don't have anything like this  :startled:

Hello.  We have these:

more_killers_hand_35.jpg

Posted · Report post

what the heck are those and where did you find them!?!

look a lot like cicada killers to me. Lots of those in Houston

Edited by ClanStan