Critters seen while caching

534 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I can picture and hear it in my head now.... oh R2....  :startled:

Yup, it is all true - whatever sad, silly picture you have in your head. I really want someone to go back to the hole and figure out what this guy was!  Inquiring minds want to know.  I will email you offline - we need to catch up!  I miss my greeneyed friend and powerdog02!

green-eyed likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

1496408181_3fdd6889cf_z.jpg?zz=1

It had a head like this one and similar coloring but was much smaller.  (the coloring seemed more pronounced - with darker spots)  I think I am going to be done playing guess the snake.  I am sufficiently grossed out by all the viper images I have looked at PLUS all the freaky photos of people that are all swollen from snake bites.

Edited by rozowski5

Posted · Report post

I would be willing to wager it was a hognose snake.  They look like a rattle snake.

hognosesnake.jpg

Posted · Report post

1170760_10100601802889368_252818563_n.jp

I read about tree frogs in the area & always wanted to see one, and today was the day on the Presidential Series (recommended by Juleed yesterday).

Now what alludes me on my list is the Houston Toad...and now I'm trying to decipher if he bit the dust in BB's previous post...

Has anyone seen this endangered "critter"?

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

I ♥ tree frogs.  Houston in general has lots of toads.  I once had a toad decide it wanted to be a redhead and took a soak in a bucket of red dye.  lived for a little while at least.

Posted · Report post

I helped set up the Houston Toad Exhibit at the Houston Zoo many years ago when I was a docent. John Werler was still there then.

He asked me where I was going one morning " The Cat House" I replied.

We dont call it that James:)

Posted · Report post

I used to have an in-ground swimming pool when Lived in Massachusetts.    I used to fish a frog out of the filter basket every couple of weeks.   One time I had double shocked it before leaving on a long trip and came back to a very bleached frog in the basket.  Very worse for wear, but it still hopped away when I took it out.

Posted · Report post

I helped set up the Houston Toad Exhibit at the Houston Zoo many years ago when I was a docent. John Werler was still there then.

I can see that...

Posted · Report post

I can see that...

See what green-eyed? I am an angel :angel:

green-eyed likes this

e49ebacf-e00b-4444-9571-ddb335bb0aeb.jpg

This is what I saw while caching this evening.......

Edited by 2katz

Posted · Report post

how do I embed a larger picture into a post instead of simply attaching?? The attachment is so small.

Posted · Report post

click the little picture icon below the smiley and put in the link to photobucket or an uploaded photo on gc.com or wherever and bam.

:D  Thx to cachestacker and KeyResults!     Help came from multiple locations at the same time!!

Edited by 2katz

Posted · Report post

e49ebacf-e00b-4444-9571-ddb335bb0aeb.jpg

This is what I saw while caching this evening.......

And I certainly appreciate you posting the pic on the cache page for my LTB 23 - Gleannloch Farms cache since that's where you saw it. Kelly, you're scaring the children. Lol

Posted · Report post

Hey, it's a learning experience for the little ones. See what happens when you misbehave! ;)

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

Hey, it's a learning experience for the little ones. See what happens when you misbehave! ;)

At our house we draw the line at administering a double dose of Benadryl and duct-taping them all together.

Posted · Report post

Actually, thats the first time I saw anything quite like that.

Posted · Report post

Hey, it's a learning experience for the little ones. See what happens when you misbehave! ;) At our house we draw the line at administering a double dose of Benadryl and duct-taping them all together.
Funny! Reminds me of a gal I used to work with. She got home from work and one of her teen age boys duct taped the other to the coffee table. She was soooo mad, but I laughed so much when she told me about it! Still makes me smile just thinking about it!!!
TexasWriter likes this

Geocaching9-6-1350_zpse6eb4ffa.jpg

I suspect there is a critter in the pipe in front of me.  :angel:

Edited by Baytown Bert