Baytown Bert

Critters seen while caching

541 posts in this topic

HoustonControl found what looked like, a sea cucumber yesterday.

That was at Spring Gully.... right before we pulled out.  :angel:

Coke Zero just came out my nose with that one, HC.

CANINE QUEEN likes this

I came across many many caching critters today including a crawfish, an egret, several species of birds and dogs, humans, a bull frog, lizards, spiders, and a big black snake

We are currently visiting national parks in Utah and saw the fattest pronghorns we have ever seen at Bryce Canyon.  We're used to seeing pronghorns in desolate scrub--these were feasting in rich pastures.

I was trying to post a picture of a very small snake, but apparently I don't have the right connections.

The links you used were from Facebook while viewing the pictures in Facebook's viewer. So the links won't work for your intended purpose.

When viewing the picture on Facebook you may have an "Options" menu. From that menu you'll want to click "Get link".

This will produce a link you can use to share the picture on other websites. The ability for others to see the picture will also depend on the Facebook permissions set for the photo or album.

There are other methods but too complex for this post. I attached my photos to my post which were from my computer and not linked from another website.

Hope that helps.

post-2-0-04552200-1431955867_thumb.jpg

I was trying to post a picture of a very small snake, but apparently I don't have the right connections.

The links you used were from Facebook while viewing the pictures in Facebook's viewer. So the links won't work for your intended purpose.

When viewing the picture on Facebook you may have an "Options" menu. From that menu you'll want to click "Get link".

This will produce a link you can use to share the picture on other websites. The ability for others to see the picture will also depend on the Facebook permissions set for the photo or album.

There are other methods but too complex for this post. I attached my photos to my post which were from my computer and not linked from another website.

Hope that helps.

I always have trouble trying to post pictures, especially from my work computer.  I'll give this option a shot.  I was at BBSP this weekend, too. Saw probably the most gators I've ever seen there!

We'll try again.  Nope, no go.  I don't use another place to post photos other than Facebook.  Let me try this:  file://localhost/Users/shsu/Desktop/Snake3.jpg  Also no go.

I suspect that in order to post photos I will have to create some other type of account, or just tell everyone--it was a small gopher snake.  6 to 9 inches long.

We'll try again.  Nope, no go.  I don't use another place to post photos other than Facebook.  Let me try this:  file://localhost/Users/shsu/Desktop/Snake3.jpg  Also no go.

I suspect that in order to post photos I will have to create some other type of account, or just tell everyone--it was a small gopher snake.  6 to 9 inches long.

Didn't work for me either.

Pictures or it never happened.  :2funny:

CANINE QUEEN likes this

If the files/pictures are located on your computer you can attach them to your message like so.

Click the More Reply Options button. Then click Choose Files to locate and upload the pictures from your computer to HGCS.

post-2-0-79842100-1431961715_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-99742300-1431961841_thumb.jpg