Baytown Bert

Critters seen while caching

541 posts in this topic

Also saw Rudolph's Brazos Bend brother...

Took me a looooooooooooong time to spot it  :blackeye:

Me too. LOL It was like looking for a cache! :)

Y'all were actually looking for that downed tree?  The kids and I just happened upon it on the way back from our tree climbing adventures!

Mine looks nothing like that.   ::)

Did you catch it?

I tried to! I got pretty close, but then it got spooked by a car driving by and it hopped into a drainpipe.... I had no intentions of following it there  :idiot2:

I took a walk in the woods near my house last Monday.  Beautiful weather and lots of sunshine. 

And here's what I found:

attachicon.gifIMAG0278.jpg

You need to post this under a new topic.  Maybe... "Something That Used to be a Critter Seen While Caching"?

You need to post this under a new topic.  Maybe... "Something That Used to be a Critter Seen While Caching"?

Ha!   You just can't see the bugs that were hiding under it when I picked it up!

Edited by TravelingGeek

Today, not even 10 minutes after we found this cache my husband said: "Look!"

We were stretching about 0.1 away from the cache when a crowd of people swarmed GZ & were obviously Geocaching.

I have never met this SE Tex Gang, but it was amusing to see that stealth was not on their agenda for this cache today, (see Muggle in foreground). :NTN:

image.jpeg

Edited by amberita13

We saw quite a few road runners out in the hill country last week, wasn't fast enough on the camera to get any pics though. I also lost our camera somewhere hiking in for a cache and had to use the iPhone the rest of the time!

Team Troglodyte likes this

We saw a Pheasant running along the roadside on one cache run, but couldn't really get a picture of it.  This was the best I could do.  If you squint you can see an outline of his head and a bit of his tail...

post-25-0-48259400-1426687820_thumb.jpg

Edited by HoustonControl

Did it look like this?

My Sibley app has this bird a little more north than the Texas Challenge, but like most game birds, anyone can bring them anywhere...

post-2034-0-79262000-1426697185_thumb.jp

Edited by amberita13