Critters seen while caching

533 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Bert, that there is a snake.

:2funny:

Posted · Report post

Eastern yellowbelly racer? (That there snake, that is.)

I do believe you're right. 

17.jpg

Posted · Report post

With a very discerning eye by cachestacker to identify that it was a snake that was photographed, and then a resident snake (series) expert like Jayhawk stepping in to confirm the specific breed, I think this mystery has now been solved.  

Jhawk! likes this

Posted · Report post

I finally downloaded my pictures and did my logs. I saw this gator while riding my bike along Buffalo Bayou to get New Bridge Across Buffalo Bayou.

e4088035-f778-4bbb-b1f0-4b232cfb8986.jpg

I also spotted this little parakeet in the bushes when I was looking for Cache Deposit Box v2.0. I tried to catch him but he was too skittish and took off. 

4080d7b7-43b0-47ee-a9d7-5a879881b38f.jpg

Jhawk! likes this

Posted · Report post

Today was a first for us--we saw wallabies while we were geocaching in Australia in Litchfield National Park.  We didn't snap an photos of them.  I'm pleased to add two other observations--we didn't see any crocs and we passed 1600 finds today.

Posted · Report post

Still relaxing in our tent at Village Creek State Park...but this was the most surprising creature encountered...

Posted · Report post

On our last day geocaching in Darwin, we saw black cockatoos (we saw sulfur crested cockatoos almost daily) and wallabies.

Jhawk! likes this

Posted · Report post

On our last day geocaching in Darwin, we saw black cockatoos (we saw sulfur crested cockatoos almost daily) and wallabies.

Pictures! Pictures! :)

Jhawk! and Baytown Bert like this

Posted · Report post

Tealcat had a camera that she liked a couple of years ago, but it was broken.  She tried a different camera, and didn't really like it.  So she went online and found the same camera that she used to have for a good price, and bought it just before we went to Australia.  As you can well imagine, the good price was because the camera was flawed.  Most of the pictures were trash--it seems to be a depth of field problem.

She took a few pictures with one of the Normettes iPods, but not while we were actively out caching.

Over the next couple of days, I'll see if we have any photos to share of the wildlife that we saw.

Posted · Report post

Saw this while trying to figure out the approach to GC50YMQ off of Terry Hershey Trail. Not exactly a critter but certainly a curious object. Anyone know what it is? I'm thinking a county mosquito trap.

post-671-0-00441500-1404601745_thumb.jpg

post-671-0-82535600-1404602112_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

saw these two yesterday out at birch creek during my hike.... i think they thought we were lunch hiking in july... the wingspan was impressive when they opened up.

1f3fecfc-aeeb-41db-a495-8aa64d34f95d.jpg

Jhawk! likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

http://coord.info/GC57Q4X  My Bride and I walked up to the heavily overgrown area only to encounter deep growling in the bushes in front of us.  We backed out very quickly and two scraggly abandoned dogs limped out.  Seeing they were starving, we emptied out everything edible for them, plus water.  We called every possible animal control agency, but seeing it is out in Liberty County, no one will take responsibility for the poor animals, so I called the CO, MarineBuck.  He assured me he would rescue the dogs if there is any possible way.  My Bride cried most of the way home over these poor animals.  People need to realize turning a domesticated animal loose in the country dooms them to starvation.  This was off of 1960 on FM615 between Dayton and Huffman.

lost_peros_zps805f6f39.jpg

Edited by Baytown Bert