Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

More Free Geocoins

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just found out about this latest giveaway.

Interesting to have a GPSr combined with a metal detector. Wouldn't want to carry that on long hikes though but I already have shoulder problems which makes carrying anything for very long a little difficult.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Time to get the creative juices flowing. We seen GPSr's attached to vehicles, shoes and now metal detectors.

What's next, and how can HGCS (and me) make money inventing it? In the brim of your hat, where you could see which way to go by glancing up and it could also pick up a better signal and some solar power?

And a quick google search shows the 2 yr old skyKap for $300 and with voice directions to boot. If it works on the golf course it should work in the woods with a good enough antenna.

http://www.slashgear.com/skykap-advisor-is-a-hat-with-integrated-gps-costs-300-16119920/

Edited by bbqbob2

Posted · Report post

I sent in a request. I didn't receive a follow up email, at least not yet. ???

Posted · Report post

I'm in. I'm not sure exactly what they are expecting me to do, but I'm drawn by free stuff like a Democrat at a free hotdog line...

Posted · Report post

The page now says,

Request a Minelab Geocoin

We are sorry to say that our supply has run out!

We have sent all the Minelab Geocoins out to new homes and hopefully to caches near you. While we can’t send you your own anymore, you can on the lookout for them by tracking their latest movements.

Thanks again for your interest.

Posted · Report post

I just checked and all fifteen of mine came in... Just sayin...

Posted · Report post

The page now says,

Request a Minelab Geocoin

We are sorry to say that our supply has run out!

We have sent all the Minelab Geocoins out to new homes and hopefully to caches near you. While we can’t send you your own anymore, you can on the lookout for them by tracking their latest movements.

Thanks again for your interest.

Sorry I ordered one for every address in my zip code 77385.

Hopefully the 10 I ordered will arrive soon!

I'll just wait until I see yours in caches then take a few of those for myself. Since you have so many you surely won't mind.

Edited by Great Birds

Posted · Report post

Mine arrived today. Finally, I'm not the last one to get their coin! There were two coins -- A nice 1-1/2" dia. coin with no tracking number and a 15/16" mini-coin WITH the tracking number. I'll release the mini coin and put the bigger one in my collection (with tracking number of the mini-coin noted) to be discovered. O0

Posted · Report post

Mine came today, two very nice coins - shiny!

Posted · Report post

Mine got in today too, will leave it at the 12/12/12 UFO event, it's mission: to reach our home in Europe!

Thanks for the heads-up LogDawgs, if you find more of these free-geocoin offers...

Posted · Report post

I got mine and I am not sure if I am going to follow HC's lead, but probably, since he is my mentor.

Posted · Report post

I got mine too!! My mom called me and said she got her coins as well. She is not a cacher but stated she was happy to keep the coins, they were very nice!! Not sure if mom will be forwarding the coins to me..... :disappoint:

Posted · Report post

My mom called me and said she got her coins as well. She is not a cacher but stated she was happy to keep the coins, they were very nice!! Not sure if mom will be forwarding the coins to me..... :disappoint:

Stocking Stuffer? :) Never too early to start hinting...

Posted · Report post

I got mine yesterday the kids love it. We are going to place it out this weekend.

I kept the large Mine Labs coin for my collection (with serial number noted on paper) and sent the little trackable coin out a few days ago.

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

Mine arrived and has been put out into the world. Let's see where it goes.

Eagle

Posted · Report post

Mine arrived today. It will probably go out this weekend. Maybe I should drop it in a cache along the Lone Star Trail--perhaps that will lure some of you up to see the fine series of caches my wife put out... :angel:

Posted · Report post

My mom called me and said she got her coins as well. She is not a cacher but stated she was happy to keep the coins, they were very nice!! Not sure if mom will be forwarding the coins to me..... :disappoint:

Stocking Stuffer? :) Never too early to start hinting...

Mom sent it to me, she said she could not read the coin number to activate it so she let me have it...yes an early stocking stuffer Kenny!!

Posted · Report post

I recently got one of the mine labs geocoins. When I lived in Michigan, I reglarly used a metal detector to find ammo cans in the snow in the woods during the winter. A lot of fond memories snow shoeing with my dog in the woods to search for geocaches. A great combo to have up there!