Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

That time of year again... start thinking about the best caches for the awards

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My how times flies when you have a kid... er grandkid!! LOL

I am coming down from my pink granddaughter cloud and ready to get back into the swing of caching things.

I am going to do things a little different when it comes to the awards. I am going to email them to the winners instead of printing them out. If the individual winners want to print them out, they can. During the awards event, we will have blank awards for photos.

So, get your thinking caps on and use the favorite button...

Posted · Report post

As always, I've seen some awesome caches in this area. It's wonderful that creative cachers get the recognition they deserve. :angel: We've been blessed with some of the finest cachers in the country. The competition will be intense as usual. ;D

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

Do the entrants have to be from this year, or any cache at any time can qualify?

Posted · Report post

Do the entrants have to be from this year, or any cache at any time can qualify?

From this year.

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna toss in a plug for the "Warriors" series by Texas Writer. For those of you who haven't done it yet, it's a terrific large series that is worthy of your consideration.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Don't worry Bert Pres series was nominated last year, but the new additions in the USA series are good to go.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I am going to toss in a plug for all the Information Overload caches in Montgomery County. Who knew a multi-cache could be so fun!

Posted · Report post

So, when do the nominations begin? I've got several great caches in mind to nominate...

Posted · Report post

Post the starting point and is it doable on Mountain bikes?

It's not too late to come up to the Lone Star trail and do the FD series... :angel:

Posted · Report post

Post the starting point and is it doable on Mountain bikes?

It's not too late to come up to the Lone Star trail and do the FD series... :angel:

LSHT = no bicycles

Posted · Report post

Best to have 2 cars--park near http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2KH7W for a start and near http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC236QA for the end (off Greentree Drive in the Elkins Lake neighborhood). One of the caches along the way has been along time without a find (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=04e7f0f8-f60d-486e-b12d-0a5327c31bd5)--but it was there the last time I looked (June 18, 2012--hasn't been found since December 2011). We adopted it from Sky Rookie.

Posted · Report post

It appears to be less than 5 miles round trip, right? That's not doable from one vehicle?

Posted · Report post

It appears to be less than 5 miles round trip, right? That's not doable from one vehicle?

It's not a question of doable. It's just not a loop, so it is out and back.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Out and back is an exercise intensive cache opportunity!