Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CLAPS: Third Annual Nighttime Paddle Event

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

LET'S GO PADDLING AT NIGHT!

(3rd Annual CLAPS Nighttime Paddle Event)

Saturday, December 1st, 2012

Launching promptly at 6:00 p.m.

canoeing_animated.gifjokayak.gif

Launching from Bay Area Park. We will be doing the CLAPS Alphabet Series up to CLAPS H, depending upon conditions. And the Birds of Armand Bayou puzzle / multi / CHIRP. This will allow everyone time to get back beore the park gets locked up.

There are some who want to do CLAPS II as well. So we may have two groups. Please post which you are interested in when you log your will attend and whether you are willing to 'captain' the CLAPS II group.

As usual, I'll have a bunch of glow sticks, etc. to adorn yourself and your boat.

It's a different world at night. Hope to see you there.

http://coord.info/GC3W89K

Posted · Report post

Before I forget:

PINKY'S – the rental place

Phone: 713.510.7968

Cell: 713.291.4156

Address: Address: 4106 Nasa Pkwy, El Lago, TX 77586

http://www.pinkyskayakrental.com/

Be sure to tell him you are a geocacher renting for the nighttime paddle event!

RESOURCES

Paddle Checklist: http://hgcs.org/inde...h&attach_id=366

CLAPS General Information and Resource Guide: http://hgcs.org/inde...h&attach_id=369

Posted · Report post

OK I am going this time. I don't care what comes up. I will be there. O0

Posted · Report post

Yea! I am in and hopefully my Bride also. If not, I'll bring Cache'Magnet.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If anyone is looking to buy a used kayak, Vernon (Pinky) told me they are selling all their older kayaks (3 yrs). Comes with PFD and paddle. Prices start at $150. You can call him for details.

Pinky e-mailed me and said both the blue and green sit-in yaks and the yellowa nd green fishing sit-on yaks are the ones being sold.

Edited by cachestacker

Posted · Report post

I went to Lowe's today and bought 2 two-packs of light sticks for about $6 total. I then went to Amazon and ordered an LED headlamp. I am gearing up. Then I painted my kayak trailer silver. It was galvanized. I may dress like a hobo terrorist, but I like my crap to look GQ. Peace!

Posted · Report post

Hit the dollar stores for glow sticks, necklaces, and bracelets. ;)

Posted · Report post

Hit the dollar stores for glow sticks, necklaces, and bracelets. ;)

Or eat some Baytown Oysters :)

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't want no foreign glowsticks. Mine were made in Three Mile Island, Pennsylvania. They're real powerful.

Posted · Report post

REMINDER TO THOSE RENTING: Please call Pinky to confirm your rental. If you have not made reservations yet, now is the time! Pinky's information is in the second post in this thread.

REMINDER TO ALL: For those who have not solved Birds of Armand Bayou, you may want to do that, too. Very easy puzzle. http://coord.info/GC2T6VJ

Posted · Report post

I don't want no foreign glowsticks. Mine were made in Three Mile Island, Pennsylvania. They're real powerful.

:2funny:

Buy American!! Glow Sticks that is!! Too funny!!

I plan on going early to grab the last 6 caches I need in Big Island Slough before it gets too dark. I'll probably be there about 3:30 or so if anyone wants to join me.

Edited by HoustonControl

Posted · Report post

2katz and I are pimpin' our rides (we decided the 18ft inflatables were a bit much this year so we toned it down...a little )

We plan to arrive early enough to grab some extra caches and fish a little bit before the event too, so we may try to connect up. VHF radio channel 69.

PM me for Cell fone #'s in case you haven't grabbed it from the bathroom walls at the last few events, or missed the slanderous billboards around town :D

Still debating a plan for parking. Rich (Rich and Lola) and Kirbydox gave us some food for thought about parking spots and tactics. We're not trying to accomplish much to be honest, just wanna have fun.

I'll check tide chart in a few. Weather is perfect if wind is low, it doesn't get any better!

Posted · Report post

How much will it cost me for a clue to solve the first stage of the **-->>"EASY"<<--** puzzle? (Birds of Armand Bayou puzzle / multi / CHIRP)

I hate it when someone says "easy puzzle." For some reason, I just seem to miss the boat on so many of these suckers. I need a "geocaching puzzle class!"

May as well be an easy "high hurdle," an easy "oncology exam," or perhaps a "barium enema."

Never could sort out "What a duck" either!

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I am puzzle challenged, but give me a machete...

Posted · Report post

How much will it cost me for a clue to solve the first stage of the **-->>"EASY"<<--** puzzle? (Birds of Armand Bayou puzzle / multi / CHIRP)

Bird name - a=1, e(gret) =5, etc.

KeyResults likes this

I hate it when someone says "easy puzzle." For some reason, I just seem to miss the boat on so many of these suckers. I need a "geocaching puzzle class!"

May as well be an easy "high hurdle," an easy "oncology exam," or perhaps a "barium enema."

Never could sort out "What a duck" either!

I'll give you the confirmed answer for shuttle service O0

Edited by TAZ427

Posted · Report post

The simpler solution is just follow the group. ;)

Also -- for anyone who has not done The Hazelnuts' Drowned Stream EarthCache, you can do this one from the water. Check up on it! http://coord.info/GC1R1CA

KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

Sorry Taz 2 boats is all I can handle. Looking into a trailer for future though.

I must say kudos Cachestacker on the excellent documentation of these CLAPS series. Wow. Very helpful.

Edited by KeyResults
cachestacker likes this

Posted · Report post

I must say kudos Cachestacker on the excellent documentation of these CLAPS series. Wow. Very helpful.

I highly agree!! O0 Kenny is referring to this post that is pinned under Geocaching :

I highly recommend you look at the .pdf files and print them out if you are going to do the CLAPS caches. The maps are particularly helpful in planning your time on the water. I am always referring to the maps and I've done the different series (and own part of one) several times! O0

Posted · Report post

Sorry Taz 2 boats is all I can handle. Looking into a trailer for future though.

I should have clarified. I'll be bringing a Yak and plan to drop it off at Bay Area Park and then drop my truck off at Clear Lake Park and would need a ride back to Bay Area Park. I'm sure there will be plenty of other people and I'll get a ride one way or another.

As cachestacker said, I'm sure plenty of people will be going for it. I'll hazard a guess that the final is in the cove north of Claps #6 :coolsmiley: this based on where the chirp is and what's close by and can still meet the 528' requirement.