FTF Hounds

689 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

And so goes the waiting for the FTFC#32 to be published.

It gets sort of crazy in here...... ;D

Posted · Report post

;D  :o  HOLY MOLY !!!!

Posted · Report post

I sorta feel like Capt. Hook as I can hear every clock ticking as the time goes by. I wonder if I am going to see that Croc or Peter Pan.

Posted · Report post

:)  While we are waiting, maybe the Dreamweaver will give us a report on the Queen and on the new puppies????

Posted · Report post

:)  While we are waiting, maybe the Dreamweaver will give us a report on the Queen and on the new puppies????

Queen is fine although still in the back brace.  We may open the hot dog stand by March. 

One of our oldest friends (one of the best-known professional handlers in the world) came down and looked at th puppies yesterday.

On a scale from 0-10 points, we got a 9.5,9 and a 8.5.  Our friend will be taking one to show, we are going to keep one and that just leaves one for sale.

That's it...that's the report.  Now back to your previously scheduled program...brought to you in living color and with no more commercial interruptions.

Posted · Report post

Hope everyone got some sleep last night. Now the wait continues for a new day.

Posted · Report post

Dawn spread its red golden arms across the eastern horizon, chasing the rain clouds away.  Slowly, one by one, the pack members yawned and stretched.  Many of the anxious young ones pushed their muzzles against the kennel door hoping the pressure would trigger the hunt.  The veterans also awoke but did so with a little more calculation.  Eyeing the other hunters, they evaluated the amount energy, patience and cunning that they would need to triumph over the rest of the pack.  Positioning themselves to be ready for a quick start, they again closed their eyes and gathered strength...once again, waiting for the hunt to begin.

Posted · Report post

Is this the voice-over for the new "FTF" movie to be released soon, at a theater near you?

Dawn spread its red golden arms across the eastern horizon, chasing the rain clouds away.  Slowly, one by one, the pack members yawned and stretched.  Many of the anxious young ones pushed their muzzles against the kennel door hoping the pressure would trigger the hunt.  The veterans also awoke but did so with a little more calculation.  Eyeing the other hunters, they evaluated the amount energy, patience and cunning that they would need to triumph over the rest of the pack.  Positioning themselves to be ready for a quick start, they again closed their eyes and gathered strength...once again, waiting for the hunt to begin.

Posted · Report post

Just a warmup to what you will have to put up with IF I get to FTFC #32 first. :)

Posted · Report post

Is this the voice-over for the new "FTF" movie to be released soon, at a theater near you?

...complete with cheesy theme song, "Goin' on an FTF Huuuunnnnntt -- me and Andrew!" :)

Posted · Report post

It must've been those nasty logs I wrote in his caches in Dallas... :angel:

Posted · Report post

The gun has sounded and the race is on. I 'm not going for it as I am off to hockey. Goo luck everyone.

Posted · Report post

Too far to go with everyone else that's in the race a lot closer. The puzzle is right up my alley though O0 Good luck everyone

WTT

Posted · Report post

Figured out the coords, even though one of the questions is wack.  Dizzy Dean joined the army in 1927 -- he didn't sign with the Buffs until 1930.  Still, it's too far away to go after work and get the FTF (fourth to find).  Good luck, y'all! O0

Posted · Report post

I recommend you go to the museum to see the letter.  Besides, you should almost be able to figure out that number without the question.  Good luck!

Posted · Report post

Well, the SW cachers got win, place, and show.  Congratulations to mtp for the FTF and MB and MAES for second and third, respectively.  The "Mighty M's"...

I tried to place the cache in a central location to give everyone a shot at it and the puzzle was not in the evil, mtp category.  However, now that mtp got it again, I can't say what his twisted mind will come up with. 

In a way, I'm relieved that my tenure is over.  So much pressure...    :o

Have fun and happy caching...

Posted · Report post

My search for FTF #32.

2:00 P.M.

After a full day of watching and waiting for FTF #32 to be published, I took a break and went to go see the Lady Owls dominate the team from Cougar High. Little did I know, the starting gun would be fired a little more than an hour from now, and I would be left in the dust at the starting line.

5:15 P.M.

Arriving back at the room, I realize that FTF #32 has been published for a full two hours, and I rush to solve the puzzle. Five minutes later, I am headed out the door, hoping for a miracle.   :laugh:

6:00 P.M.

After a quick stop at my local Academy store, I arrived at the site with my new pair of rubber boots and a high-powered flashlight. As I stepped into the woods, I half expected the Blair Witch to jump out at me at any second. As I trudged through the mire and the muck, I thought to myself, "Why in the world are you out here in the dark??" After 30 full minutes of searching, I came to my senses and hiked the mile back to my car in my boots ( I needlessly parked an extremely long distance away from the cache site).   :(

7:00 P.M.

Disappointed and hungry, I drove down Westheimer, and discovered a James Coney Island that I had never seen before. Thanks to TDK and Grinster for introducing me to this fine eating establishment.  O0

7:30

Driving back to campus, and listening to Jeff Foxworthy on the radio, I decided that all in all, it had been a great day!!!   :)

Congratulations to mtp for FTF, as well as to the Muddy Buddies and MAES for finding it in the twilight. I guess I should leave this kind of stuff to (ohhhh what did TDW call it) ahh yes, "grizzled veterans".

Posted · Report post

7:00 P.M.

Disappointed and hungry, I drove down Westheimer, and discovered a James Coney Island that I had never seen before. Thanks to TDW and Grinster for introducing me to this fine eating establishment.  O0

Just a clarification (so that I will stay out of hot water).  TDK (two dog knight) and NOT TDW introduced you to James Coney Island.  My wife, the owner of Deputy Dogs (so good there ought to be a law) would never forgive me for steering you to the competition.  BTW, looks like Deputy Dog may be re-opened in March.

Posted · Report post

Sorry TDW, I can't wait to try Deputy Dogs. Let me know when you're able to re-open.

Posted · Report post

I'll follow the lead that sonaraqb2006 set:

1:00 P.M.

TC07 Hiding committee meeting.  We got a lot accomplished and this TC should be a lot o fun.  By the way, mtp is doing some of the "evil" hides.

4:30 P.M.

I saw OHL Hockey Guy had posted a note on the forum about the gun had sounded.

We didn't get our usual notification because of some pop server problem.  Anyway, Kathy figured out most of the answers and we set sail, because there were no finds logged yet.

5:00 P.M.

I received a call from MAES asking if we had found it yet.  I indicated that we were on our way, and that the race was on.  Little did we know at the time, that it would be a race for 2nd.

5:15

Found cache.  As we were existing the woods, MAES shows up, so we talked for another 20 minutes, then follwed them into the woods to watch them find the cache.  We had a great chat with them along the way.  This is part of what makes caching fun.

We then checked on another nearby cache that needed maintenance.  After that we ate at the Sonic at Westheimer and Dunvale.  Not good service, so we won't be going to that location again.

7:30 P.M.

Got home, logged the cache.  Whoo hoo!  Find #3401.

Posted · Report post

I recommend you go to the museum to see the letter.  Besides, you should almost be able to figure out that number without the question.  Good luck!

Gee, now that I reread my post, it sounds harsh.  I didn't mean to diss your cache!  Far from it - it's an interesting and well put together puzzle that I enjoyed working on.  I just wish I hadn't been at work when it was published and that I lived a few miles closer to it than mtp. :)  I made the right decision in not going for it, because I certainly would have been 4th to find, leaving Baytown at 4:45 pm.

I never could find the answer to the Dizzy Dean question online, but I figured likely coords using GoogleEarth to eliminate the other possibilities.  I'll have to go by Fingers and look at the letter, because this site, this site, this site, and this site all say Dizzy was born in 1910, joined the Army at the age of 16 and was discharged in 1929.  He was spotted playing semi-pro ball for a San Antonio team by a Cardinals scout and signed to their farm system late in 1929.  He played in St. Joseph, MO before debuting in Houston in August of the 1930 season, going 8-2 for the Buffs that year.

Posted · Report post

I suspect he was given an Advance salary before he entered the military to obligate him to the team prior to playing.  I couldn't find it on the web anywhere but I was able to eliminate all but one of the possibilities.

Posted · Report post

Congratulations to mtp for FTF, as well as to the Muddy Buddies and MAES for finding it in the twilight. I guess I should leave this kind of stuff to (ohhhh what did TDW call it) ahh yes, "grizzled veterans".

I think this is the first time we've been called "grizzled".  That sounds so old. :D

Posted · Report post

I think this is the first time we've been called "grizzled".  That sounds so old. :D

"Grizzled" :  an artistic term of endearment reflecting the experience and wisdom accrued through thousands of hunts.  :)