First Aid kits

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have a pretty good sized one on my bike, but it mostly has band-aids, sunscreen, anti-septic ointment, etc in it. You know, thorns and such.

Posted · Report post

Do you automatically get to transfer their smileys to your account? Just askin'...

I usually just bring a gun. That way if someone gets hurt we can quickly relieve them of their misery and continue on caching without ruining the whole day. >:D

There's survival geocaching, and then there's competitive survival geocaching. Which one do you play? :blackeye:

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Re Leave no trace:

If you take a guided multi-day float/camping trip through the Grand Canyon, you will be carrying out the same very same liquids and solids you carried in - albeit reconstituted substantially ;)

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I like a climate that vaporizes urine, but that's just me. I am not much for cold weather (icicles anyone?)

Posted · Report post

I like a climate that vaporizes urine, but that's just me. I am not much for cold weather (icicles anyone?)

"Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow" FZ, early 70's

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Also, one should consider how to treat a snake bite correctly. I think there are some threads on this topic somewhere, but having seen many cottonmouths in GBP, including watching one slither over my boot at one cache, it's something we all need to consider.

Posted · Report post

Just a reminder that first aid kits need to be reviewed periodicity. Medicine expires and some packaging (like band-aid wrappers) fail. I've even had alcohol swaps dry out in the wrapper... I always open one when I do the review to make sure they are still moist. There is no sense in carrying something won't help you when you need it.

Baytown Bert likes this