Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

International Earth Cache Day - October 14th

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I only got one hit on the 14th. But a bunch on one of them on the 13th for some reason. ;)

People should have sand-bagged their logs.

Posted · Report post

We went to one on Monday - South Texas Mine. Nothing like being a day late. :coolsmiley: On Sunday we were caching around Aransas.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get a souvenir. Earthcaches are one of the rarest of cache types and no souvenir for making the effort to get one on International Earthcache Day while you get a Souvenir for getting a cache on International Geocaching day doesn't make too much sense to me. I know many people specifically went after these on Sunday with the expectation of getting a Souvenir.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the Earthcache that I did. I had every intention of doing it at somepoint. But it would have been a day that I was in the area and knocked it off my list, instead of making a run specifically to do the Earthcache.

Posted · Report post

If they made it a Fri-Sun weekend I think they'd see a lot more participation, too. Too difficult on one day, especially if you've done all the nearby ones. That would allow for some trip planning.