Free Geocoins form GC.com and John Grisham

73 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yea, I'm going to drop mine in a cache. The shine wore off.

Posted · Report post

I launched mine today--so if you want to find one, head north to Willis. :angel:

Willis ??? hummmm

Posted · Report post

I launched mine today--so if you want to find one, head north to Willis. :angel:

Willis ??? hummmm

I found a new cache (that is, new to me) that was big enough for a travel bug, so I dropped it off. :coolsmiley: And the good news for you is that you haven't found it yet... O0

Posted · Report post

I never really signed up for a coin, but did go to the site posted above. I was very surprised yesterday when a coin showed up in my mailbox. :)

Posted · Report post

Two weeks after I signed up for the coin, I got mine in the mail today. Yea! :D

Posted · Report post

I dropped mine in a cache, and I picked them back up. I figure that counts, and the main idea is that the get seen by fellow cachers. I think taking them to events will show more people. And if JG wants to come bang on my door and demand them back, well then he can do so.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

My Racketeers Local 999.9 event just published! http://coord.info/GC3YWY0

Let's get as many coins there as possible and do some photo ops! If you have a "racketeerish" hat, bring it for the photo.

If you need to get your coin into a cache within the 10 days after receiving it, you can drop it in this event. Leave it there or grab it back to get some miles before the event.

November 3rd

Beck's Prime

1822 Texas 6

Sugar Land, Texas 77478

6PM to 9PM

Snoogans, can you post the picture (here or on the event page) you took Monday of all the coins at the BreakCache event?

Posted (edited) · Report post

TravelingGeek - Great idea for an event! I will try to make it!

Dangerkitties and I went to Austin this weekend to get Necropolis of Britannia Manor III and I took a pic while there.

(I can't figure out how to put a picture in here. I tried using a url, but that didn't work. I do know how to put a link though!)

Link to my picture!

If you want.... :notme:you can vote for my picture on Facebook! :) Here is this link!

Edited by Kalvey
georeyna likes this

Posted · Report post

Mine came in the mail. Evidently it came while Anne was in the hospital and it get set into the junk mail pile and almost got trashed. Anyway I was able to retrieve it.

Eagle

Posted · Report post

I got John Grisham himself to pose with my coin. Did I mention that I got the GIANT version of the coin?

026404d5-815b-4587-ac25-1b65ebd17c90.jpg?rnd=0.2738415

georeyna likes this

Posted · Report post

I just want to say that a very sweet and influential Ninja passed on a Racketeer Coin to me!! Thanks Log Dawgs...greatly appreciate it...now go save man kind!! :D

Posted · Report post

I got John Grisham himself to pose with my coin. Did I mention that I got the GIANT version of the coin?

026404d5-815b-4587-ac25-1b65ebd17c90.jpg?rnd=0.2738415

Good pic HC!!

My coin went MIA in the first cache.

I just read the book.  I wasn't impressed, but it explains the coin.

Edited by Mr. ZHR

Reviving an old topic... my coin is long gone; picked up by a newbie cacher with 2 finds out of the first cache I placed it in (who has never logged into geocaching.com since and won't respond to emails).  Maybe I should have kept it and sent out a proxy.

On another note -- I picked up a paperback copy of The Rackateer at a thrift store in Fredericksburg today for 25 cents.

Edited by HoustonControl
Dhaulaghiri likes this

Posted · Report post

HC, that's a long way to drive for a bargain paperback!

Posted · Report post

24F and a light wintry mix at the B&B this morning.  Probably won't get much work done on the "ranch" today.  Think I'll sit by the fire and read instead.