Free Geocoins form GC.com and John Grisham

73 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Larry, you are not alone. I stand with you in this desire to belong to the greater group, the "haves". We are the "have nots", at least for now, but I have faith that we will persevere, that our time will come, that tomorrow is another day the mailman might come to our house and leave a package with our name on it, that we will stand proudly with the other group and show our shiny new coin to the rest of the world and say, the curse has been lifted! We have been FREED! THIS! IS! SPARTA!

HoustonControl likes this

Posted · Report post

Another ten showed up last night and I just shook my head and poured out a little of my 40 on the curb.

Posted · Report post

Well I signed up for one today and they did not turn me down...so we shall see. The coins are very cool!

I couldn't see where to sign up on for one. I assumed that the 5000 were already accounted for.

Posted · Report post

Looks as though they have disabled the link. It was on the page, and I did submit a request and got a thumbs up, but who knows how it will turn out.

I hope I get one, if not, I hope I get to discover!! This coin is going to turn into the Jeep tb event. They will probably remain in collectors hands.

Posted · Report post

This coin is going to turn into the Jeep tb event. They will probably remain in collectors hands.

I'll show you mine...

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Looks as though they have disabled the link. It was on the page, and I did submit a request and got a thumbs up, but who knows how it will turn out.

I hope I get one, if not, I hope I get to discover!! This coin is going to turn into the Jeep tb event. They will probably remain in collectors hands.

I'm drilling a big friggin' hole in mine and attaching it to a mad bomber figure from the Muppets complete with bombs, dynamite and gunpowder. The hole will destroy the collectibility and it will all be cable locked together an not fit to place in most caches due to its size which is intended because I have it set up as an event bug. I think the whole package will be neat enough to get lots of pics and maybe it will travel well from cacher to cacher. I had great success doing this with my Geico traveler.

Posted · Report post

I'm drilling a big friggin' hole in mine and attaching it to a mad bomber figure from the Muppets complete with bombs, dynamite and gunpowder. The hole will destroy the collectibility and it will all be cable locked together an not fit to place in most caches due to its size which is intended because I have it set up as an event bug. I think the whole package will be neat enough to get lots of pics and maybe it will travel well from cacher to cacher. I had great success doing this with my Geico traveler.

Funny I am also drilling a nice big hole. Of course I stole the idea from you a while back.

Posted · Report post

Another coin arrived today at work so do not be discouraged for those who have not received one. I cheated the system to get one for my cousin in Germany so I got a few extra

Posted · Report post

I want a coin to drill a hole in!! If I get the coin, I am just gonna proxy the thing and send it out...maybe.... Yes I will discover all John Grisham geocoins if available at events...even if they are nailed to a coffin...just don't ask me to move it for you, I still have a blade of a propeller I still need to move!! :what???:

Posted · Report post

The insanity, make it stop Snoogans, make it stop!!!!!

Posted · Report post

This is starting to turn out like the Geico TB giveaway... :tickedoff:

I haven't gotten mine either. Some who signed up after I did and one did before me have gotten theirs. I can just hope. <sigh>

Posted · Report post

Not sure if I have gotten one mine or not. Have not been home the last two days to check the mail.

Philip

Posted · Report post

We got ours. It is tempting to keep it. Maybe a proxy is a good idea.

Posted · Report post

I'll remind everyone that the sign up webpage included an agreement to drop the coin in a cache within 10 days. Didn't say anything about proxies or event discoverables.... :angel:

Posted · Report post

We got ours. It is tempting to keep it. Maybe a proxy is a good idea.

Maybe we can get GXProxy to make Proxies for the coin....just sayin.......

I doubt I will get a coin, but I know we have to move them because one of the requirements is to take a picture of the coin to win 1 of 14 autographed John Grisham books. So they really have to move. If proxies show up, there will be an outrage....

Posted · Report post

I'm not entering any pictures (if I ever get a coin). The fine print says one loses all rights (creative and copyrights) to any photos submitted. I don't want a gold bar or autographed book badly enough to give up my rights to my creative property. Moving the coin is all I agreed to. Entering the contest is optional.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I was going to keep mine, but there is a black sedan setting at the curb every night with two men in it watching my house... Oh wait, that's just a couple of drug dealers, my bad.

Posted · Report post

I'm not entering any pictures (if I ever get a coin). The fine print says one loses all rights (creative and copyrights) to any photos submitted. I don't want a gold bar or autographed book badly enough to give up my rights to my creative property. Moving the coin is all I agreed to. Entering the contest is optional.

I've never sold a picture I've taken for as much as a penny, but if they want to give me $1750.00 for one (the current price for an ounce of gold), I'd probably go along. ::)

Posted · Report post

I launched mine today--so if you want to find one, head north to Willis. :angel:

Posted · Report post

Finally! Guess what was in the mail today? Now to decide on photo ops and cache opportunities...

Posted · Report post

Finally! Guess what was in the mail today? Now to decide on photo ops and cache opportunities...

Hooray!