Texas State Park GeoChallenge

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I don't know if all the state parks are doing it, but Mission Tejas will loan you a GPSr pre-loaded with the caches in the park. Pretty cool!

REALLY?! Because, on National Geocaching Day last year my phone wasn't working in Cedar Hill State Park & I asked the front desk if they had a listing of the coordinates of the geocaches in the park & they gave lost looks with no help.  >:(

Posted · Report post

I don't know if all the state parks are doing it, but Mission Tejas will loan you a GPSr pre-loaded with the caches in the park. Pretty cool!

REALLY?! Because, on National Geocaching Day last year my phone wasn't working in Cedar Hill State Park & I asked the front desk if they had a listing of the coordinates of the geocaches in the park & they gave lost looks with no help.  >:(

I think it may depend on which ranger you speak to and how enthusiastic they are about caching. Mission Tejas is a pretty small park but there are 3 TXGCC13 caches in it and the all the other caches in the park were placed by cacher "mission tejas". Yet when I checked in and asked about one of the caches (not TXGCC13) that had been missing for awhile the ranger had little information and less interest. That said, we did run into a family geocaching with a park GPSr.

Posted · Report post

i've met cacheing rangers at a few parks and seen a map of their parks caches on the wall as well